Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Needed Mint State Kennedy Bicentennial Pieces - Also a New but Related Washington Question

Hi All:

I need a silver bicentennial Kennedy in PCGS MS67 or possibly in MS68, and I need a clad bicentennial Kennedy in PCGS MS66 or possibly in MS67.

If you have one to sell (no dogs please) please PM me a brief description, and price, plus a scan if you have one.

Thank you and cheers.

Greg S.

Also, I was just offered a silver bicentennial Washington in MS68 for $265. Is that an OK price, or am I getting Killed?

Greg

Comments

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to step on Greg's Thread, but if you have a leftover 'dog' MS67 clad Kennedy bicentennial, I'll buy it!

peacockcoins

• Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greg,
    I found just the coin to go with it... an IKE on E-bay . Now I know braddick say don't look to close on any Ike dollar, but this one may hurt any ones eyes. image

Kenny
  • Options
    I have a MS67 silver Kennedy on Eaby. $9.95 with no reserve and ending in just over 1 day.

Kennedy Auction
  • Options
    I personally believe that the 76 Clad Kennedy in MS-67 is one of the most undervalued pieces in the series, and they aren't cheap even now. One year type, very low population for the P & D mints, and dozens of sets that require the piece.

Keith
    Keith ™

• Options
    TypetoneTypetone Posts: 1,622
    Thanx Golden. I put in a bid.

Greg
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I strongly agree with everything Keithd said about the clad '76 50 cent. Also note that the better examples are more likely to appear in the '76 set than the '75. More importantly, the incidence of
    gem coins in these sets has not dropped significantly since they were issued. This implies that
    people have not been looking for these issues. '75 sets do have some spectacular coins with spectaular
    luster, but it's only about .5% of mintage. About 2% of the '76 coins will go MS-67.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    Greg,
    Not a problem. Good luck!!

Jim
  • Options
    OK, Typetone is first, Braddick is second and I'll get in third place for the clad bicentennial.

Chris
    My eBay Items

I love Ike dollars and all other dollar series !!!

I also love Major Circulation Strike Type Sets, clad Washingtons ('65 to '98) and key date coins !!!!!

If ignorance is bliss, shouldn't we have more happy people ??
  • Options
    Maybe I should downgrade mine to a 66 and see if I can get a good bidding war going. image

Keith
    Keith ™

• Options
    DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    Guys,

I have one that I'd sell. It is cert#21081981, and is a nice full satin white coin. It has a tiny hairline on the obverse between the eye and the I in the field, and the several tiny hairlines on reverse field. It is a very nice coin. I'll email photos tonight if you're interested. Just email me to let me know what it's worth.

PS - I'd trade it for a 1967 SMS MS67Cam

My Email Address
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • Options
    Don- Confirming this is the CLAD coin you're talking about and NOT the silver? If so, that trade is way out of line and you're ripping yourself off. It's a $600.00+ coin now in PCGS MS67 period. I'm shooting myself in the foot for stating that but I'd hate to see you trade it for a much more common SMS (even with the CAM, and 1967 is the easiest to find so).

peacockcoins

• Options
    Pat's right on the clad pieces. Last clad piece that I saw publicly traded went for about $450 to $500, and it was listed as impaired with hazy toning. If you have one of the clad pieces (there are only 25 total), throw away the PCGS pirce guides. It is way off base.

Keith
    Keith ™

• Options
    Heres a little sad note about these coins, i`ve been putting together a new set of Kennedys in MS 67. I found a 1976 silver MS 68 on e-bay, buy it now for 125.00. So I jumped on it... great price, sent the check and guess what the coin gets lost in the mail!!

I really dont think the coin was lost but was stolen by some postal worker....so now the MS 67 that would have been open for sale will have to sit untill I find another MS 68, the thing that sucks I doubt I will find another at the 125.00 price, why couldn`t this happen to a MS 64 I dont really care about......image
  • Options
    DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Guys,

But Greg mentioned a silver MS67, which is what I have. I appreciate the efforts to keep me from hurting myself. Try getting that kind of advice anywhere else.image
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • Options
    Don- I do what I can! (Although in your case it sounds like a false alarm). Trust me: I've had my fair share of PM's quickly admonishing me too over some deal I was going to involve myself in. I've been saved plenty of times! -Gotta love this forum!

-Matt: Right when you get a swinging good deal on one of these Kennedies a monkey wrench is thrown into the works. Fortunutely the MS68 is not a tough coin but of course that price was unbeatable by a long shot.

peacockcoins

• Options
    TypetoneTypetone Posts: 1,622
    I was offered a 76S Bicentennial silver Washington in MS68 for $265. I that an OK deal, or am I getting killed?

Greg
  • Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greg,
    Sent PM

Kenny
  • Options
    Greg- That pricetag of $265. is sight-seen only and the coin really should be spotless and PQ even for an MS68. If it meets your criteria then that is a fair price.

peacockcoins