Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2012 Badges are out on the registry..

I received quite a few badges as I am not competing with too many guys on the registry due to my wrestling card collection. I am most proud of getting badges on the 1948 Topps Magic Photo Wrestling set as I finally reached 100%, the 1954 Parkhurst wrestling set with upgrades and then for the first time the 1955 Parkhurst wrestling set as I am over 95% on this 121 card set. I won a quite a few player registry awards with some small sets.
BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable

Comments

• Options
    BenG76BenG76 Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭
    Congrats you have some killer sets.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a small-time collector, but I'm still pretty proud of my "stinking badges". The one I REALLY want is the Cal Ripken Jr. Basic Set Registry. Some day!

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing! I won 19 badges this year with some of those being sets and a lot of those being smaller player registry sets of wrestlers. Congrats to DPeck for his Wrestling All Stars for each of the three wrestling sets. I hope he is a contender for one of the major awards this year.
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Rob!

Unfortunately my sets did not win in the Modern Misc. Sports category. I had my fingers crossed in all honesty but no such luck.

There is always next year!
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    did the criteria change for modern sets this year? Seems to me that in previous years 100% wasn't needed for qualification.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear Set Registry Members,

Last year we raised the bar, requiring vintage sets to be 95% complete and modern sets to be 100% complete in order to qualify for an award. This did not seem to deter anyone. Currently, there are 32,295 sets which are at least 90% complete! Completion has become an important element and we are thrilled to see so many rise to the challenge. We would like to thank all the collectors who have made our registry program the most dominant of its kind and we know that we would have never achieved our level success without all of the loyal set registrants.

The following are being inducted into the PSA SET REGISTRY HALL OF FAME for outstanding individual sets:

Donald E. Spence - The Lone Star Collection - 1915 Cracker Jack Baseball Set
    Jeffrey Gitomer - 1939 Play Ball Baseball Master Set
    Donald E. Spence - The Lone Star Collection - 1940 Play Ball Baseball Set
    Charles M. Merkel - 1941 Play Ball Baseball Set
    Charles M. Merkel - 1950 Bowman Baseball Set
    Donald E. Spence - The Lone Star Collection - 1952 Topps Baseball Master Set
    Donald E. Spence - The Lone Star Collection - 1953 Topps Baseball Set
    L.R.'s 1954 Bowman Vintage Set - 1954 Bowman Baseball Basic Set
    The Crandell Collection - 1948 Bowman Basketball Set
    Dominic Dicicco Collection - 1986-87 Fleer Basketball Set
    Redskins 1986 Fleer PSA 10 Set - 1986-87 Fleer Basketball Set
    LoanOfficerSchool - 1986-87 Fleer Basketball Set
    The GP PSA 10 Collection - 1986-87 Fleer Basketball Set
    Hatch Graham Registry Collection - 1986-87 Fleer Basketball Set
    vintage corvette - 1986-87 Fleer Basketball Set
    The Who 82 - 1986-87 Fleer Basketball Set
    Donald E. Spence - The Lone Star Collection - 1986-87 Fleer Basketball Set
    AE Collection - 1986-87 Fleer Basketball Set
    Sarah Verno - 1950 Bowman Football Set
    palacejester - 1952 Bowman Small Football Set
    Master Macboube - 1955 Topps All-American Football Master Set
    Teemu - 1954-55 Topps Hockey Set
    HPR-66TPS - 1966-67 Topps Hockey Set
    Charles M. Merkel - 1933 Goudey Sport Kings Set
    Mickey's Twinight - 1935 Gum Inc. Mickey Mouse Set

To read descriptions of each set, click here:
    http://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistry/awards_halloffame.html

The following sets were selected to receive top honors:

BEST COLLECTION OF THE YEAR - Brian Karl
    BEST SET OF THE YEAR - Donald E. Spence - The Lone Star Collection - Topps 1950s Run Mega Master Baseball Set
    BEST ROOKIE SET OF THE YEAR - theironpup - 1951 Bowman Baseball Set
    BEST PRE-WAR VINTAGE BASEBALL SET OF THE YEAR - 707sportscards LTD Finally - 1935 Goudey Master Set
    BEST POST-WAR VINTAGE BASEBALL SET OF THE YEAR (1948-1959) - Charles M. Merkel - 1949 Bowman Master Set
    BEST VINTAGE BASEBALL SET OF THE YEAR - Vintage Corvette - 1967 Topps Basic Set
    BEST MODERN BASEBALL SET OF THE YEAR - My son Mark's (2003) - 1983 Topps
    BEST VINTAGE BASKETBALL SET OF THE YEAR - St. Bea - 1957-58 Topps
    BEST MODERN BASKETBALL SET OF THE YEAR - Bryant Collection - 1973-74 Topps
    BEST VINTAGE FOOTBALL SET OF THE YEAR (PRE-1960) - Connor J - 1959 Topps
    BEST VINTAGE FOOTBALL SET OF THE YEAR - Gould Collection - 1966 Topps
    BEST MODERN FOOTBALL SET OF THE YEAR - Elitecards - 1971 Topps
    BEST PRE-WAR VINTAGE HOCKEY SET OF THE YEAR - Simgin - 1912-13 C57
    BEST VINTAGE HOCKEY SET OF THE YEAR - Paul's 1952 Parkies - 1952-53 Parkhurst
    BEST MODERN HOCKEY SET OF THE YEAR - Hockey For Life-Life For Hockey - 1980-81 O-Pee-Chee
    BEST VINTAGE MISC SPORTS SET OF THE YEAR - RAS - 1910 Mecca Champions Boxing (T220)
    BEST MODERN MISC SPORTS SET OF THE YEAR - The Stock Car Museum - 1993 Action Packed Racing
    BEST VINTAGE PLAYER SET OF THE YEAR - The Rocky Mountain Collection - Babe Ruth Basic Set
    BEST MODERN PLAYER SET OF THE YEAR - Michael Wynne - Cal Ripken Jr. Basic Set
    BEST TOPPS SPECIALTY SET OF THE YEAR - Joe Wilson - 1964 Topps Stand Up Baseball
    BEST OVERALL SPECIALTY SET OF THE YEAR - Publius' Top 100 Players (Less Steve Largent) - The NFL's Top 100 Greatest Players
    BEST REGIONAL SET OF THE YEAR - Donald E. Spence - The Lone Star Collection - 1952-1955 Red Man Tobacco with Tab Mega Baseball Set
    BEST ODDBALL SET OF THE YEAR - dburmon - 1909-11 Sweet Caporal Domino Discs PX7 Baseball Set
    BEST UNOPENED PACK SET OF THE YEAR - The Timmer Collection - 1961-1989 Wax Packs All Series Basketball
    BEST PRE-WAR VINTAGE NON-SPORTS SET OF THE YEAR - The Red Barons - 1933-34 National Chicle Sky Birds
    BEST VINTAGE NON-SPORTS SET OF THE YEAR (1948-1959) - Jean-Luc Picard Set #1 - 1952 Topps Look 'n' See
    BEST VINTAGE NON-SPORTS SET OF THE YEAR - Richard M. - 1965 Gilligan's Island
    BEST MODERN NON-SPORTS SET OF THE YEAR - Brians 1969 Brady Bunch Set - 1971 Topps Brady Bunch
    BEST TICKET SET OF THE YEAR - Super Bowl - Super Bowl Basic Set (1967-Present)
    BEST AUTOGRAPH SET OF THE YEAR - The Twinight Collection - 3000 Hit Club (Any Medium)
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I thought you had a great shot this year......I'd vote for your set if I could.......
  • Options
    RobbyRobby Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

<< <i>did the criteria change for modern sets this year? Seems to me that in previous years 100% wasn't needed for qualification. >>

As someone pointed out , they raised ' The Bar ' for set completion ! In my case , I had the 95% completion on my Lou Brock Master Set , with a 8.01 GPA ...........149 cards in the set presently....................and no award ! Brock's playing years are 1962 to 1979..............thus they felt the need to put him in the Modern Player Sets because he played 8 years before 1970 ( 62-69 ) and 10 years after ( 70-79 ) ! I'm sure that there are many others that were denied a award on this revamping of the Player Sets and raising it to 100% ! Seems unfair , but it is what it is ! There's no crying in Baseball !
    Dave ' Robbie ' Robinsonimage
    Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • Options
    congrats everyone !!!
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!