Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Offtopic, but Jeez its Hot Outside

Weatherman here in Birmingham just said it was going to be 105 - 107 today. Thats not the heat index or the "how it feels" number, thats the actual temperature. I'm sure its warmer elsewhere, but Wow.. It is currently 90 outside and its only 830am.
Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.

Comments

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Africa hot.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Yes going to be a blazer! It was 100 yesterday, Columbia SC had a record of 108.

Here in Summerville about 105 today, with heat index around 120.

No sweat!!!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    It has been blistering up here in IL the past few days .... yesterday was just nuts with hellacious storms and 90mph winds ...
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    Supposed to get up to 107 here in Georgia today. I'm ready to go to Vegas where it's cool, lol.
  • Options
    BenG76BenG76 Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭
    101 here in the mountains in VA today.
  • Options
    I've been in Denver the last 7 days. Record highs of 105-107 this week. Oh, and there's just a wee bit of a problem with fires too.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!' Mark Frost
  • Options
    raiderscottraiderscott Posts: 154 ✭✭
    100+ as well here in VA. All-Stars start today. They moved all games for today/tomorrow to either 9am or 6pm.
    Looking for low #'d 2006 Marques Hagans + 1991 Wild Card stripes of UVA players - Tony Covington, Shawn Moore, Herman Moore
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just been crazy all around the whole country. I think we topped out around 99 in B'More yesterday.
    Daniel
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    Ya it's crazy

Going to be a sweltering 80 here in Los Angeles
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    Use to work out side till a few years ago (now in a nice ac shop). Feel for all the yard/construction works out there!
  • Options
    123Slider123Slider Posts: 851 ✭✭
    We got the snot knocked out of us in eastern Ohio. Looking at 5-7 days without power. That will make the heat really suck.
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Options
    kwtozkwtoz Posts: 352 ✭✭
    You want hot? You should have been in Oklahoma City last summer. 63 days of 100+! This was with high humidty too. That's the area where I live.
    Kevin Thomas
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Humitity is what make the heat so unbearable.
  • Options
    I was in St Louis this week for some work related events. The last two days there it was 108. This heat has followed me back home, high in Rainsville, AL is expected to be 106. Not even sure what the heat index is going to be.

I'm about to canvasing some local neighborhood for my city council race, what a great day for politicing. Maybe I'll garner a few sympathy votes or at least a few glasses of lemonade.
    Scoreboard Malfunction
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Seattle has been in the 60's and maybe hit 70 once in the last week. I'll take it.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ya it's crazy

Going to be a sweltering 80 here in Los Angeles >>

Beat me to it!!! Playing golf.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was 101 here but with 20 mph winds the windchill was only 94.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    tunahead08tunahead08 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭
    Par for the course in Texas. We had 90 days at 100+ last year, and many days that were 95+
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You want hot? You should have been in Oklahoma City last summer. 63 days of 100+! This was with high humidty too. That's the area where I live. >>

Texas experienced that and a massive draught and wildfires.

Good times.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭
    Wow those are some hot temps. I miss the warm weather. Im in spokane and I think we have only had about 5 days over 80 so far.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Nashville set a few records as well. 109.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    Little cooler today, just 116 with the heat index right now.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    samspopsamspop Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭
    Ran 3 miles at 7:30 this morning...then, just finished up playing 27 holes of golf....WTH was I thinking?

Its hot, but I don't feel as bad as I was expecting. 103-deg here in Charlotte, NC today. Heat index @ 108. Come on Fall, can't wait for you go get here!!
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oppressive Heat in my area as well, not quite a hundred but the humidity makes it so nasty.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Today's high was 89. Tonight's low is 78.
    I spent much of the afternoon sitting out by the pool with a book and plenty to drink.
    And when I went to the grocery store earlier this evening, there were lots of women in bathing suits there.
    Anyone want to move to South Florida?

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.