Home U.S. Coin Forum

Got a 2012 Red Book?

Here are some errors I found in my 2012 Red Book. I checked with some members of Purely Numismatics and the same errors were in their books. How 'bout you?

Page 81 Continental Dollars - Last entry on the bottom of the page says "VF45"

Page 116 Lincoln Wheat Cents entry 1942-S - MS60 value is $17, MS63 value is $12

Page 258 Indian Gold $5 entry 1916-S - AU50 value is $575, AU55 value is $550

Comments

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just picked mine up...
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Mine has the same thing too LOL. Thanks for showing this! image
  • DentuckDentuck Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭
    Those typos were corrected. The 2013 edition
    doesn't have them.

• Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Dentuck!!! Glad to see the editors are on top of it! Now about that 1917 MPL??? image
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mintage for the 2008-W Van Buren's Liberty uncirculated coin appears to be incorrect at 3,443... every other source I've found has it at 4,334.

Also agree that the 1917 matte proof Lincoln cent should be removed. Many other coins deserve mention before that rumored piece.

Something that really should be added are the 1925 Norse Centennial Medals (thick and thin planchet). They are regularly collected with the classic commemorative series and it can be hard to find information on those pieces.

Another piece that deserves mention is the 1993-P Philadelphia Mint Bicentennial silver round that was issued as a bonus with the 1993 Philadelphia set that had the $5, $10, $25 gold bullion and the $1 silver eagle. The medal is just awesome and most collectors don't even know it exists. A reference to the medal is made in the listing where the gold bullion sets are mentioned, but no mintage or other information on this piece is provided.

I thought it might also be neat to mention the 1947-S General MacArthur 50 centavos and Peso issued by the Philippines right after they got their independence. They are often collected along with the rest of the US-Philippines issues, feature a U.S. 5-star general and were minted in San Francisco.

• richbeatrichbeat Posts: 2,288

<< <i>Thanks Dentuck!!! Glad to see the editors are on top of it! Now about that 1917 MPL??? image >>

That listing has also been removed from the 2013 edition. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file