Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Stacks Bowers

From a price realized point of view,how do you feel the Proof Walking Half Dollars preformed at this auction?

Comments

• Options
    FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...........Nimble?
    Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • Options
    Don't know what happened there?
  • Options
    FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry 'bout that.

Your thread title originally just said
    "Stacks B"

....so I thought I'd be a "smart xxx"
    with my 'nimble' comment.............

Ignore it now....you've clarified the title
    Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • Options
    AnalystAnalyst Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭
    FredWeinberg: <<Your thread title originally just said "Stacks B">>

As of 8:40 PM Eastern Time, the thread title just says “Stack’s Bowers.” There is no mention of Walkers. People clicking on this thread may or may not be interested in Walkers. In any event, I have already written a piece on this auction. It will be best remembered for an UHR Saint and for the ‘Land of Smiles’ Collection of Liberty Nickels.

Nickels, Dimes and Patterns in Stacks-Bowers Baltimore Auction
    "In order to understand the scarce coins that you own or see, you must learn about coins that you cannot afford." -Me
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Analyst....your a fine numismatic writer and truly an analyst of the coin market.image
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    bestclser1bestclser1 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thank you Analyst....your a fine numismatic writer and truly an analyst of the coin market.image >>

ROFL!image
    Great coins are not cheap,and cheap coins are not great!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file