Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My Baltimore Report

MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
My son, Victor who is 13, and I got up, put the top down on the Corvette and went to the Baltimore Show this morning. We arrived around 11am and to my surprise, there wasn't a large crowd at the show. In terms of dealers, there wasn't as many as usual. This can be attributed to it being summer or so the dealers I talked with said. The good thing was you could walk up to any of the dealer's cases and browse without a problem. I talked with boardmembers Shortgapbob, Wayne Herndon and WTC. Most of the dealers seemed to be buying material without any problems. Individuals were walking the floor looking to sell. To me, it seemed like the dealers were not selling much. I bought the following: 1958 Franklin half Mint Set toned, 1936 D Buffalo BU with intense luster under light yellow toning, 1994 Matte Proof Jefferson Nickel, 1943 Mercury Dime BU with intense frosty luster and a 1944 S Mercury Dime BU with the same intense frosty luster. The lines at the table for the grading companies were empty also. I dropped the coins I bought off and headed home. We stopped in Ellicott City and ate at Ci Ci's Pizza.

I know what you're thinking: "This thread is useless without pictures!"

Here is a picture! image

Click for picture.
Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com

Comments

• Options
    AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    Nice car.
    Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did your 13 year old have a good time too?image
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the report. I'm betting you had the top back up and the AC on for the ride home image

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    bosco5041bosco5041 Posts: 1,303
    NICE CAR,My son has a reddish one like it with the ground effect package on it.
  • Options
    Walkerguy21D,
    I'm betting you had the top back up and the AC on for the ride home.

How did you know? It was 104 degrees whenever we left Baltimore!!!
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    EXOJUNKIEEXOJUNKIE Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The summer Baltimore show is always a little slow. I think Summer Seminar and Philly ANA being right around the corner compelled some to stay away and made this year's show even less-attended than usual. It was fine with me though ... all the dealers I wanted to see were there! Lines were short, the bourse was easy to navigate, and I was able to spend lots of money. Dealers were begging to buy, but I brought nothing to sell. It was a great show. I even picked up some cheap lots from the S-B auction. image

If you can still go tomorrow, I'd recommend it.
    I'm addicted to exonumia ... it is numismatic crack!

ANA LM

USAF Retired — 34 years of active military service! 🇺🇸
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was pretty quiet, esp. in the afternoon.

I bought a CC double eagle from Doug Winter and a seated quarter from the Teaparty crew.

Stack's had the recently discovered 1853-O NA 50c on display - will be in the ANA sale.
  • Options
    mustanggtmustanggt Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the report. Sounds like a good time.
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    Nice report and cool Corvette!
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may get the 62 out today! Never a top on it.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    bestclser1bestclser1 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I may get the 62 out today! Never a top on it. >>

Sounds like fun,its my Thursday!image
    Great coins are not cheap,and cheap coins are not great!
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice vette
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, I think it's cool you let your thirteen year old drive your Corvette.

peacockcoins

• Options
    Hey, I think it's cool you let your thirteen year old drive your Corvette.

I knew you weren't on duty in Baltimore!
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, geez.
    I'd have given you a pass.

peacockcoins

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file