Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I want to see their buy prices

A friend of mine is into comics and found this site. Since there isn't a lot of detail on what's included in the comic book lots being sold he asked my opinion on the deals this place has on their sports cards.

If I could sell my inventory for 25% of those prices, I'd still be getting way too much.

I love the '52 Mantle that is shown next to the 2500-3000 card lot. I think the chances are a bit higher that I'd get a '91 Mickey Morandini than the Mantle.

Comments

• Options
    TmbrWolf22TmbrWolf22 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭
    wow.....just wow
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    Could have worked 20 years ago but no one was online image
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    "wow.....just wow"

x5
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    Weird how he has large lots of baseball cards and then just one junky single.
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Wow Craig, the internet is a scary place.

Do they take consignments??? image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see they added in the discount of not having to pay ebay fees image

I think this could be there ebay account ????
  • Options
    Confucius says "fools and their money are easily parted"
  • Options
    bbuckner22bbuckner22 Posts: 1,028

<< <i>I think this could be there ebay account ???? >>

Before you start making these cute comments did you see that a 1968 Jim Hart rookie is included in the lot for $500K?
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    Looks like the Buy Sell Trade page here. image
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up - I just picked up a 1990 Ray Bourque for a hundred bucks

• Options
    bbuckner22bbuckner22 Posts: 1,028

<< <i>Thanks for the heads up - I just picked up a 1990 Ray Bourque for a hundred bucks >>

Wow, that's a steal. Probably only paid $19.95 for slow shipping on top of that.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    ToroToro Posts: 1,515
    Looks like one of those sites that utiliizes other resources, unbeknownst to them, for their inventory, marking them up immensely for a profit. In this case, a quarter billion cards inventory including eBay, Beckett, checkoutmycards and a handful of forum members items. I know some of us invested in late eighties and early nineties stuff.
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Worlds Largest Sports Card and Memorabilia Wholesaler"

• Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    If you do a search for their website, they are connected to a bunch of shopping deal kind of sites and they offer everything in the 95% off range. Not sure if it works, but at least it makes sense. $18 for 65 junk comics might be reasonable. I don't follow it.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    If your friend wants junk comic books for stupid prices by all means thats the site.

If he wants nice high grade comics at "Real" prices send him to me. I have 10.000 comic books. most one owner unread books, that I have
    been meaning to try and list in my Unisquare Store

Marvel, DC, Independants, hardcovers, graphic Novels...... etc...

I do have a few Spidermans listed on ebay including a Very large run of Web of Spiderman Set

I really need to start unpacking some more of the items Ive had stowed away for years.

John

• Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    That's a cool looking photo of a ball field that rolls in his top menu. Anyone recognize the ball park? Looks like a spring training facility...
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    There are worn out WBC logos on the field
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Legends sells cards often times over 90% off of book value."

That's the justification for ostensibly being able to acquire a '33 Goudey Ruth amid a 2.5k-3k lot for $750. The potential 500-card swing is also a nice touch, but I personally think 0-3,000 would have been more apropos.