Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mattingly "ID Card" on ebay

There is an "operator license" on ebay that supposedly belonged to Don Mattingly. Only problem is it's the wrong birthday. And why is it only a 24 hour auction? With a item like this I would think the longer the auction the better. Looks like someone is about to get scammed.

Also, check out his other auctions. Very nice "random baseball card" that he is selling. lol

Text

Comments

• Options
    ga5150ga5150 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭
    The random baseball card isn't even what you get. He say's it's just for display purposes. Interesting...
  • Options
    In the "ID card" auction the seller says he got it with a "box of bulk baseball cards" he bought.

In the "random card" auction the seller says he is teaching his "idiot son" a lesson by making him sell his cards.

priceless

• Options
    AlbertdiditAlbertdidit Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    That'll teach him. Once those 100,000 cards are gone he will never get anyone pregnant again
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Don added a couple inches to his stats... 6'2"??
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Birth date is wrong too.

Oops, see Vin mentioned it.

Good for you.
  • Options
    WOW. These were novelty cards that were sold in malls around the turn of the century. I have a Tony Soprano "Operator's License" in exactly the same format that "expired" in 2003, but that too had the wrong birthday and the wrong address. Tony Soprano lives in North Caldwell, but the ID I have has an address in Hillside. I think I paid $3 for mine. If I have time, maybe I can get a picture up tomorrow.
  • Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭

So heres the deal, my idiot 16 year old son got his girl friend pregnant. Im going to teach him how to be an adult and sell all of his baseball cards. He loves his collection and has some great cards but his new family needs to come first. He has over 100,000 baseball cards and all of them must go. Now I know there is competition out there for selling baseball cards but im doing a deal. For every 9 cards you buy...you get one free. Happy bidding everyone and thank you for supporting my future grandkid.

That is classic. The title "random baseball card" is hilarious too.
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Well I just bid on one random baseball card
    If I win (fingers crossed) I'll post a pic
    I'm realistic and know it won't be a 53 Mantle. I'd settle for a Rose rookie or something along those lines
  • Options
    I sent the seller a message, asking him for a scan of the back of the card. I also asked what the "license" was for.

Here's the response........

"im not sure what the license is for..im going to assume its a driver license since thats what an operator is.no need for picture of the back of the card because it is blank"

Edit- Wow, Its a blank back operator license.....must be a 1/1.

• Options

<< <i>Well I just bid on one random baseball card
    If I win (fingers crossed) I'll post a pic

I'm realistic and know it won't be a 53 Mantle. I'd settle for a Rose rookie or something along those lines >>

id,

I just went to make a bid but didnt want to bid you up. I thought the format would of been different because it says for every nine cards you buy you get one free.

I look forward to seeing what you get.

Dave
    Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I have a Tony Soprano "Operator's License" in exactly the same format that "expired" in 2003, but that too had the wrong birthday and the wrong address. Tony Soprano lives in North Caldwell, but the ID I have has an address in Hillside.

Wait, so it's not Tony Soprano's real id? Does Tony still live in North Caldwell? I heard he moved to Hoboken.
  • Options
    It's been removed.

• Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's been removed. >>

Not shocking
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Looks like I won the random baseball card

Feels good to help out his idiot son and the knocked up girlfriend
  • Options

Blurry cell phone pics, sorry. It's just a piece of paper that was printed on a computer and then laminated. The back is totally blank.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Is that what Tony Soprano's autograph looks like in real life?
  • Options
    I don't think Tony Soprano actually has an autograph in real life.