Home Sports Talk

~ 4 teams to make NCAA FB playoff ~

TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
It's about time for armchair quarterbacks to "GUESS WHO".

Bonus points for Early Bird entries.

Comments

• dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭
    While I agree it's a good thing we'll still be debating who was left out. Right now we have a playoff of two teams. The main reason a playoff of four teams is better is if there were three undefeated teams at the end.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    If this is a baby step, I'm all for it. But 4 teams selected by people watching limited games and have a financial interest in how they vote, is still terrible. I can't find a breakdown of the actual system. I'm hoping the current polls play a much smaller role.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • about time indeed. The BCS sucks!

• << <i>about time indeed. The BCS sucks! >>

Has sucked since the first year it was put in place.
  • GootGoot Posts: 3,496

<< <i>While I agree it's a good thing we'll still be debating who was left out. >>

We still debate about teams being left out in the basketball tournament despite there being 68 teams. It'll happen no matter what. I think a 4 team playoff is a solid number and it allows the Bowl system to remain intact.
  • ddfamfddfamf Posts: 507 ✭✭
    4 teams is a good start.
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see this happen.

No doubt there will still be people who complain.

The complaints will be very loud when the committee picks four teams from the SEC (well, maybe 3 out of the 4 teams, just to be fair to the non SEC teams) to play in the first playoffimage
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>While I agree it's a good thing we'll still be debating who was left out. >>

We still debate about teams being left out in the basketball tournament despite there being 68 teams. It'll happen no matter what. I think a 4 team playoff is a solid number and it allows the Bowl system to remain intact. >>

+1

Oh yeah, they already do the +1 format for March Madness.

Heh.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts

• << <i>about time indeed. The BCS sucks! >>

BCS will still be in place. Only difference will be 2 extra teams with chance to win it all.

As for eliminating the problem of having 3 undefeated teams and an argument for each, I hope there are 5 undefeated teams at the end of the 2014 season.
  • bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    There is nothing to compare with the two tournaments other than that people will complain. If we are doing that, then the new playoff is really just like ebay.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joke

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Would someone explain to me what "plus 1" means?

Thanks
    Dave
    Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's

• << <i>Would someone explain to me what "plus 1" means?

Thanks
    Dave >>

One extra game. #1 in BCS vs. #4. #2 vs. #3
  • jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Just like every other tradition in college football, the bowls will eventually go by the wayside, IMO. The NCAA will eventually realize that more money can be made from a 16-team tournament (15 games), that can be made by putting on 33 lame bowl games that mean nothing. I'd be willing to bet the combined ratings from all the non-BCS bowl games (~30 games) would equal the ratings for the opening round of a 16-team tournament.