Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

PCGS World Coin Crossover Special ... results are in ... 17 out of 20 crossed

I've received the grades for my first ever submission to PCGS, sent in under the World Coin Crossover Special, consisting of mostly German State and Swiss Canton coins. Results can be seen here, with 17 out of 20 coins crossing. I've extremely happy with the results.

A few words on those that did not cross ...

Line 9, 1672-SHS 6 Kreuzer, Austria / Breslau
NGC graded MS65, DNC
The one big disappointment. Krause has moved this coin to the German State of Silesia, though the NGC says it's Austria, and it looks like PCGS does the same. Has a WINGS sticker, which is discussed here. I thought this one was very likely to cross, so I'll have to take a close look at it when it gets back.

Line 11, 1910 5 Centimes, France, Essai (Maz-2210)
ANACS small white holder MS66, DNC with a minimum grade of MS65
Wasn't sure how PCGS would react to the significant die polish on this coin, so I put a minimum grade of 65, though I feel the 66 grade is appropriate with an outside chance at 67. So, it should have crossed with margin. The ANACS holder partially covers the rims, so maybe this had an impact. I think I'll resubmit this one raw at some point.

Line 16, 1833 6 Deniers, Swiss Canton of Geneva
NGC graded MS65, DNC
I already have one in PCGS MS67, but this coin has a different variety of key that I hadn't seen before. It can remain in the NGC holder.

Comments

• TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice gems you've got there, Paul. Two plus grades, as well! image
  • ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice. Would love to see images.
  • mudskippiemudskippie Posts: 540 ✭✭

<< <i>
    Line 11, 1910 5 Centimes, France, Essai (Maz-2210)
    ANACS small white holder MS66, DNC with a minimum grade of MS65
    Wasn't sure how PCGS would react to the significant die polish on this coin, so I put a minimum grade of 65, though I feel the 66 grade is appropriate with an outside chance at 67. So, it should have crossed with margin. The ANACS holder partially covers the rims, so maybe this had an impact. I think I'll resubmit this one raw at some point.
    >>

Or, just sell it to me! Name your price image
  • WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    Wahoo! Congratulation on some very nice results. Zohar, there are low-rez images on the submission results page that PBRat shared.
  • PBRatPBRat Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Nice gems you've got there, Paul. Two plus grades, as well!

Thanks Roman ... and thanks again for the submission advice image

The two plus grades are actually minuses, as both were one grade higher in their NGC plastic. I thought 8 were overgraded or borderline, so I specified a minimum grade. One was the France 1910 5 Centimes I discussed above that DNC'd. 4 downgraded, and the other 3 crossed at the same grade. The 4 downgrades ...

Line 3, 1859 Kreuzer, Bavaria
    NGC graded MS67, specified a minimum grade of MS66
    Bought this one thinking it was an MS66, and PCGS agreed.

Line 5, 1831 3 Kreuzer, Nassau
    NGC graded MS67, specified a minimum grade of MS66
    Bought this one thinking it was an MS66, and PCGS gave it MS66+.

Line 17, 1839 1Centime Billon, Geneva
    NGC graded MS66, specified a minimum grade of MS65
    Thought this one was borderline, PCGS gave it MS65+

Line 18, No Date-K Kreuzer, St.Gallen
    NGC graded MS66, specified a minimum grade of MS65
    Another borderline, and I really wanted this one to cross. Interestingly, PCGS says it's KM-50, while NGC said KM-49.

Also, had one upgrade ...

Line 13, 1826 Batz (Batz variety), Bern
    NGC graded MS65
    A nice coin, won't look out of place in the MS66 PCGS holder.
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congrats

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    how nice - pics are pretty nice too - great grades....

Wonder if mine got lost ;/ it was rcvd a few days before yours...oh well.
  • worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow - nice gems. I would love to see pics. Congrats on the results.
  • PBRatPBRat Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone.

As for pics ... my lack of camera abilities is what prevents me from being a prolific poster. My threads typically follow this pattern:
    - Me: Hey, check this out
    - Others: Ya, that's neat, can you post some pics
    - Me: No, sorry everyone, haven't figured out coin photography yet
    Paul you know you have pictures of each one right?

see WWW's message above image
  • NeoStarNeoStar Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations on your crossovers! Does anyone know if the crossover special is still available?
  • messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the special is still available, as there's no expiration date on the announcement. Call customer service and ask. (800) 447-8848.
  • NeoStarNeoStar Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭
    Looks like the special is still available, as there's no expiration date on the announcement. Call customer service and ask. (800) 447-8848.

Thank you! I just called and the special is still good.
    Finally got my grades online - 7 NGC's sent to cross and three actually did NOT cross (DNC) -I'm baffled as all 3 are relatively common dates with one being the most common Palestine date available (1927 1 Mil)..when I get these back maybe I'll post em...overall glad I had the opportunity altogether to cross into PCGS.