Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone remember the Mike DeFalco coin flips?

LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
Was prompted recently to look at an ebay auction with a Mike DeFalco coin flip.

Does anyone recall the purpose?? Was it just advertising or was the coin supposed to be PQ?? Are there any with grades or inserts?? Any info would be appreciated.

Looks like a Dave Hall sealed flip but w/o the pre-PCGS insert.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Comments

• Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    i remember this one...do i win...image
    looks like you did
    that is one gem of an example sitting in there
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
    Tim - took over a year to respond but I came across this Mike DeFalco holder in my image archives.
    Not the same holder you were asking about but thought you might have some interest.

I think he posted this Oregon on the forum about 10 years ago, probably in a monster toned coin thread
    as were common back then. And I remember him saying it's a coin he would never part with, and obviously
    it blew us all away. Looks more like a solid holder than a sealed flip, with his company logo.
    You may have seen these before but I haven't.

• Options
    littlebearlittlebear Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Tim - took over a year to respond but I came across this Mike DeFalco holder in my image archives.
    Not the same holder you were asking about but thought you might have some interest.

I think he posted this Oregon on the forum about 10 years ago, probably in a monster toned coin thread
    as were common back then. And I remember him saying it's a coin he would never part with, and obviously
    it blew us all away. Looks more like a solid holder than a sealed flip, with his company logo.
    You may have seen these before but I haven't.

image >>

All I can say is "WOW!"

Larry L.

Autism Awareness: There is no limit to the good you can do, if you don't care who gets the credit.
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting that - haven't ever seen one before, or forgot about it since it's been 10 years. image

Cool looking coin - wonder if it would grade at PCGS?
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    bestclser1bestclser1 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Mikey D. may he rest in Peace was a dear friend,but you either won big,or lost bigger with him.GREAT eye for color and Mirrors though!image
    Great coins are not cheap,and cheap coins are not great!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file