Home Testing Forum

BST 6/23

BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
1806 1/2C "PQ" PCGS AU58CAC, Large 6, Stems, B-4, C-4, R.1 = Asking $1,750.00 Shipped.

If there was ever a AU58 example early copper worthy of a RB designation this is it. Even if you double the asking price and begin a search for a MS62-63RB example this AU58 this Drapped Bust Half Cent will still be hard to beat. Most are spotted or stained and although they show trace mint read just have too many distractions which take away from the overall eye appeal. I located this example about 4 years ago for a collector who was doing a MS65RB 1/2c and 1c type set and although not MS it just fit the overall look of the set. Although now CAC’d it was formally with Kaminski Coin Company in the pre CAC era and just a screaming PQ for this grade level. If you’re looking at a sheet or value guide to justify the asking price this isn’t for you. Joe has some incredible eye appealing coins in his inventory which unfortunately are never cheap for the same reason.

More info:

The example above is CoinFacts plate for the AU58 grade slot and was formally from the Robert Schonwalter collection of Half Cents. Schonwalter was a very discriminating collector who formed primarily between 1949 to 1963 and had been off the market until his Stack's 1/21/2003 sale. Ex: Robert Schonwalter, Lot 1158 (Plated) Described as Br.4,C.4,G.3, Large 6. Stems, Rarity-1. About Uncirculated-58. Manley 2.0. Nice, rich tan with attractive hibts of original mint red still remaining, mainly on the reverse. A nice type coin. Ex New Netherlands, 6/20/1962. Hammer $1,200.00 + $180.00 15% Buyers Premium = $1,380.00.

Ex: New Netherlands (The dynamic duo of John Ford & Walter Breen), 6/20/1962, Lot 433, described (but not plated) as strictly uncirculated MS-60, large 6, stems (R-1). Lustrous light brown and faded mint red, with splashes of iridescence. A splendid and very popular type coin! Rare early state with recutting on 6 very pronounced. One of the Chapman hoard, traditionally weak at top of wreath and ES, but virtually free from unsightly spots and and nicks, which identify some.

About the Chapman Hoard:

Sometime around 1906 Philadelphia dealer Henry Chapman came into possession of a small hoard of 1806 half cents, all these are mostly spotty red pieces with plenty of bag marks of the variety Cohen-4, Breen-4, estimated to contain from about 200 pieces. Most of these seen today have generous areas of original mint red but are spotted. Examples are always weakly struck at the upper part of the wreath. Many surviving coins show varying degrees of wear, and both mechanical damage and active corrosion.

1837 1C NGC MS62BN CAC N-13 @ $750.00 SHIPPED.

This N-13 variety Lare Cent is far prettier then my pics in hand and has a really dreamy reverse for the nominal MS62 grade level.
Most of the N-13's that I see at shows are raw UNC's in the $1-2K price point and have been clearly re-colored.

1865 1c Fancy 5 Clashed Dies "PQ" PCGS MS62RB @ $325.00 Shipped.

IHC's have to talk to me to pick one up and this one does... Simply a stunning coin with cool clashed dies.
It's nearly full red and the reverse is semi PL which at an angle when rotated under a light source shows reddish blue patina.

1866 Rays 5c "PQ" PCGS AU55 @ $475.00 Shipped.

Lustrous with faint golden rose peripheral patina and nicer the usually seen at this grade level as this could just as easily be in a AU58 holder.
This example is far above average strike wise as both of the 66/67 with rays varieties are tough to find well stuck on the stars and rays.

1867 No Rays 5c PCGS MS61 @ $195.00 Shipped.

1868 5c "PQ Solid AU64 Super Slider" PCGS AU58 @ $225.00 Shipped.

Guaranteed to make your jaw drop upon arrival... As in hand when rotated under a light source to the naked eye you'll be hard pressed to tell if it's MS64, or really a AU58.

1916 25c SLQ PCGS G-06 @ $4,400.00 Shipped.

This is a lot of first year key date SLQ for a so called G-06, as looking at the obverse date it sure looks more like a VG-08.

1919 25C SLQ NGC MS64FH @ $1,000.00 Shipped.

This example has an Ultimate Full Head and in hand is incredibly cartwheeled lustrous.
It has dynamic bluish gray toning which offers explosive eye appeal.

1943-S 25C DDO Die 1 FS-107 ANACS VF-20 OWCH @ $235.00 Shipped.

IN GOD WE TRUST, LIBERTY, and the date are all strongly die doubled on this scarce and popular variety.
(Selling this for a local YN along with the 2 items listed on the July Bargain Bin BST thread)

1918 Lincoln 50c "PQ" NGC MS64 OH @ $395.00 Shipped.

Another stunner light golden toned with abundant luster as nice if not nicer then some the MS65's I've sold.

General B/S/T Terms & Notes: PM me for more details -

Coins above will all ship at my expense.

Coins over $1K will be mailed via USPS Registered Mail Insured -or- Next Day Air Insured.

Coins less then $1K will be mailed via 1st Class USPS Mail Insured w/ Delivery Confirmation.

Payment Options = USPS or Bank Money Order, Cashiers Check, Personal Check, E Check, & Paypal (no fee % up-charge).

Trades at times depending on if of interest to me may be considered.

All Checks must clear prior to shipment.

7 Day full refund minus any associated shipping charges.

imageimage

Extended terms available if your Piggy Bank is skinny, or hurt and healing image

As I can also offer extended 30-60-90 day terms, 1/3 down, no refund on layaway option.

A Reasonable Offer May Be Accepted on some items... the Key Word is Reasonable.

Full detailed in hand description on any of the items below along with larger images available at request.

I'd greatly appreciate that posting of your most recent acquisition purchased from me on any forum board isn't done until the ink on the check is dry and you've happily received it.

I place a "On Hold" for three days max without a deposit on any item for members I've never dealt with, however if after this time period complete lack of responsive communication occurs, I reserve the right to offer the item to another active member.

Many Thanx in Advance! image

image 111% Positive Transactions with Members =

49thStateofMind, 777, a039, adamlaneus, agentjim007, Ahrensdad, AnkurJ, ArizonaJack, astrorat, ASUtodd, Barndog, BBN, BBQnBLUES, beartracks42, bestclser1, Blackhawk, blu62vette, Bootleg55, braddick, brokenCC, bstat1020, bsshog40, Cameonut, CarlWohlforth, Casey, chaze215, claychaser, cohodk, coindeuce, Coinerww2, coinlieutenant, CoinRaritiesOnline, ColonialCoinUnion, CommemDude, commoncents05, coinpictures, coinsarefun, cucamongacoin, dantheman984, Dave99B, dcarr, deltadimeman, DeusExMachina, disruptek, dizzyfoxx, DONNYJF, drddm, Dropdaflag, dunerlaw, EagleEye, etexmike, erickso1, exposer, Fairlaneman, FilthyBroke, firstmint, FredWeinberg, gecko109, Gerard, GoldenEyeNumismatics, guitarwes, Harry779, harvey85422458, holeinone1972, illini420, InYHWHWeTrust, Jamericon, Jimscoins, jhdfla, joconnor, Jobessi, jom, Julian, kaz, keepdachange, keets, kieferscoins, kyleknap, Lakesammman, lasvegasteddy, lordmarcovan, LRCTom, LeeG, LindeDad, LotsoLuck, lunytune2, MarkJude, messydesk, metalmeister, MFH, mgoodm3, MICHAELDIXON, MisterTicToc, mkman123, Moonbiter, mommam17, monsterman, morgantype, MrEureka, mrearlygold, mustanggt, Nocerino18, Numismatticadotcom, OffMetal, OnlyGoldIsMoney, Oreol, oreville, PawPaul, PonyExpress8, PQMorgans, PreTurb, ProofCents, pursuitofliberty, QuarterCollector, questor54, RaginsteveK, RG, RickMilauskas, ricko, richardshipp, RKKay, rld14, Ronyahski, RTS, RyGuy, rwyarmch, savoyspecial, SeaEagleCoins, seanq, SeattleSlammer, segoja, silvereagle, SilverEagles92, SLQ, Smittys, SNMAN, SomeGuyFromMichigan, soty27, Southcounty, SpaceMonkey, stephunter, SullivanNumismatics, Swampboy, Tdec1000, thebigeng, theboz11, Timbuk3, TJM965, TomB, twodrhrdtp, tydye, WaterSport, wayneherndon, whatsu, yellowkid, Youngcoin15, zas107, zeebob.

(Your Name Here!) image
To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!