Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Can someone explain to me how I can add pictures to my profile and how to upload when responding to

I keep getting a message picture must be 50 kb or smaller and I dont know where to adjust to fit.Ive tried everything on my camera.

Comments

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For more images you would have to do a file reduction on your computer to get the image to be 50kb or less. The vast majority of us host our images somewhere on the net and then embed them in our posts. I have my own website so I host my images there, but more folks use a service such as PhotoBucket to host images.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you utilize one of the free photo hosting websites, and then copy/paste the image files to a text box here, they will have already been compressed to fit the maximum file size here. If you want to add an avatar immediately to your profile, simply choose from the CoinUniverse menu from your profile setting page. If you want to use an image from an external source for your avatar, it has to be approved by a moderator on or around the 15th of the month.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    thank you for the quick replies,ill add photobucket back on my comp,thanks
  • Options
    And a WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!image

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon

• Options

<< <i>thank you for the quick replies,ill add photobucket back on my comp,thanks >>

http://s1051.photobucket.com/albums/s421/pauliswilling/
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>thank you for the quick replies,ill add photobucket back on my comp,thanks >>

http://s1051.photobucket.com/albums/s421/pauliswilling/[/q just finished adding photobucket and added the obverse pictures of my indian head cent collection for all to see...I still have some waiting to pick up from grading and i have 9 more to go to complete the collection! If you want to see a nice collection take a look!
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Link

To produce a link to your collection you would copy the URL and then click the "http" button at the top of the text area where you type a new post. You may then paste this URL into the box for the URL that will pop up after you click "http" and can give the link a name. I gave your link the name "Link" in the above.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    easiest way

go to tinypic.com
    browse an upload your picture
    using the 2nd line down
    copy that line and paste your image into this body of a post directly

truly simple
    copy n paste
    no size issues
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    now this is the type of question a new poster will ask,
    and I expect this person really is serious about coins.
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're not kidding. I'd like to see the rest of the paragraph sig line.....
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>now this is the type of question a new poster will ask,
    and I expect this person really is serious about coins. >>

This is the OP first post and its over in the Registry forum, very interesting............OP First post and Poll Question Enjoy tom image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options

<< <i>And a WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!image >>

Thank you!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>now this is the type of question a new poster will ask,
    and I expect this person really is serious about coins. >>

This is the OP first post and its over in the Registry forum, very interesting............OP First post and Poll Question Enjoy tom image >>

Thank you everyone for the comments now the next question is how to post a picture to you avatar.
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I keep getting a message picture must be 50 kb or smaller and I dont know where to adjust to fit.Ive tried everything on my camera. >>

You could break the picture into 2, 3 or 4 sections, each less than the 50k limit. You will need a photo editer on your computer to do this. This place CU does give you free space to upload your pictures here.
    I have coins uploaded in old threads 10 years back and they're still showing. image

Now you need to learn how to turn your PM function on.

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    This is one of the Morgan Dollars you have in your photobucket.com album that is "waiting to be sent in for grading", and which supposedly was purchased directly from the Mint (your claim, or a story from the seller to you). My advice to you: show ALL of the dollars you are considering for submission to a credible dealer who is authorized to submit to the major grading services, for the purpose of screening these for cost vs. return on investment. You may save yourself a lot of money.

• Options
    michiganboymichiganboy Posts: 1,246 ✭✭
    I agree with coindeuce, that 1900 p is not 66+. Also keep in mind grading is subjective and one person might notice something different then the next. If you truly believe your genuine graded coins deserve a numeric grade resubmit them, or send them ATS and see what they say. I have coins I got back in genny holders, only 4 so far but you know I thought they would grade. You know what I'm gonna do resubmit them eventually as soon as I can take them directly to a show with PCGS there. I hope you all the best of luck, don't get discouraged, grading is subjective and will be to the day computers take that over too.
    Positive BST transactions:michaeldixon,nibanny,
    type2,CCHunter.
  • Options

<< <i>This is one of the Morgan Dollars you have in your photobucket.com album that is "waiting to be sent in for grading", and which supposedly was purchased directly from the Mint (your claim, or a story from the seller to you). My advice to you: show ALL of the dollars you are considering for submission to a credible dealer who is authorized to submit to the major grading services, for the purpose of screening these for cost vs. return on investment. You may save yourself a lot of money.
    image >>

OKAY I APRECIATE THE ADVICE BUT....I just added these pictures today and yes these are morgans waiting to be graded BUT I WILL cherry pick the ones I feel will get at least a 64 or above ...NOW LAST MONTH i went to my coin shop handed him 6 morgans and they came back 4 ms 65 and 2 ms 64 so I think im okay,thank you
  • Options

<< <i>I agree with coindeuce, that 1900 p is not 66+. Also keep in mind grading is subjective and one person might notice something different then the next. If you truly believe your genuine graded coins deserve a numeric grade resubmit them, or send them ATS and see what they say. I have coins I got back in genny holders, only 4 so far but you know I thought they would grade. You know what I'm gonna do resubmit them eventually as soon as I can take them directly to a show with PCGS there. I hope you all the best of luck, don't get discouraged, grading is subjective and will be to the day computers take that over too. >>

HOw do you know thats not a 66? by the picture because you see some toning you think is marks on the coin? Im pretty sure its not a 66 either but I can hope....that ill get one back out of 50 that is..this coin does not have a mark on it belive it or not..ill tell you what,ill send in the ones im going to cherry pick and well see what the grades are on them next month as i said in my last post..i sent in 6 last month that I cherry picked out of my 1898 roll and 4 came back ms 65 and 2 were 64's..not bad for not getting assistance from my shop or advice from the so called PROS.
  • Options
    And by the way if you saw this coin IN PERSON you might change your mind...it is a blast white super sheen beautiful luster and some of the nicest morgans ive seen in a long time..im getting my next batch by 7/6/2012 well see what you say about them and ill show you my coins that were rejected on this tuesday or wednesday and the ones that wernt.I didnt hear the whole time anything positive about my indian head cent collection I put together in a little over 1 month and I do have the 1872,1877,1908-s they will be back tuesday
  • Options

<< <i>I agree with coindeuce, that 1900 p is not 66+. Also keep in mind grading is subjective and one person might notice something different then the next. If you truly believe your genuine graded coins deserve a numeric grade resubmit them, or send them ATS and see what they say. I have coins I got back in genny holders, only 4 so far but you know I thought they would grade. You know what I'm gonna do resubmit them eventually as soon as I can take them directly to a show with PCGS there. I hope you all the best of luck, don't get discouraged, grading is subjective and will be to the day computers take that over too. >>

thank you!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I keep getting a message picture must be 50 kb or smaller and I dont know where to adjust to fit.Ive tried everything on my camera. >>

You could break the picture into 2, 3 or 4 sections, each less than the 50k limit. You will need a photo editer on your computer to do this. This place CU does give you free space to upload your pictures here.
    I have coins uploaded in old threads 10 years back and they're still showing. image

Now you need to learn how to turn your PM function on. >>

Im sorry ill get to the functions,ive been on the forum for 2 days now.
  • Options

I dont believe honeslty that even if it is a 66 I would get the grade,maybe if I was a large coin dealer and sent in 500 a month but PCGS wont take a chance because i think their too afraid to give the grade in fear of getting one sent back for a misgrade from time to time so i think they will always be conservative as well as any other grading company.
  • Options

<< <i>This is one of the Morgan Dollars you have in your photobucket.com album that is "waiting to be sent in for grading", and which supposedly was purchased directly from the Mint (your claim, or a story from the seller to you). My advice to you: show ALL of the dollars you are considering for submission to a credible dealer who is authorized to submit to the major grading services, for the purpose of screening these for cost vs. return on investment. You may save yourself a lot of money.
    image >>

Thats no story its the truth and i have bought 6 rolls up to this point which came in the paper wraps...I am not just dealing with a seller im dealing with a friend and im getting very nice coins besides the morgans I will show you a few from time to time. the man who sold these rolls is 77 years old and it wasnt just him who purchased the coins but his father before him as well,as i said in a previous post..I sent 6 out of my last roll which are just like the ones you see but the 1898 roll was a little nicer than the rest....I believe I could have had 10 ms 65 out of the roll but sold some on the bay and got a nice price for them as well.
  • Options
    michiganboymichiganboy Posts: 1,246 ✭✭
    Seriuosaboutcoins, once you start getting into the higher grades strike becomes very important factor. That is a nice coin, I can see a 65 but no higher. Its not really about who's coins as much as it is about they see thousands of morgans and they know eye appeal. Remember though like I said grading is subjective, meaning that to be human is to error as well as to have a individual opinion, plus your coins are seen by two or three graders and a average grade is given determined by those. You should read how your coins are graded on the PCGS website. I think no matter what as long as the coins are nice as you say they are you have nothing to worry about because even if they graded a point below what they could really be they will be considered PQ for the grade. Meaning that side by side a coin of the same grade the one that is nicer will be more liquid. There are a lot of aspects to the slab and sticker game, number one thing to keep in mind don't get discouraged. Even the big time dealers resubmit, believe it or not. Don't let the haters get to you either, some people will talk down anything not entombed in the right plastic, its really about finding your niche and finding stuff that you can make the good deal on and some people don't want anymore competition.
    Positive BST transactions:michaeldixon,nibanny,
    type2,CCHunter.
  • Options

<< <i>Seriuosaboutcoins, once you start getting into the higher grades strike becomes very important factor. That is a nice coin, I can see a 65 but no higher. Its not really about who's coins as much as it is about they see thousands of morgans and they know eye appeal. Remember though like I said grading is subjective, meaning that to be human is to error as well as to have a individual opinion, plus your coins are seen by two or three graders and a average grade is given determined by those. You should read how your coins are graded on the PCGS website. I think no matter what as long as the coins are nice as you say they are you have nothing to worry about because even if they graded a point below what they could really be they will be considered PQ for the grade. Meaning that side by side a coin of the same grade the one that is nicer will be more liquid. There are a lot of aspects to the slab and sticker game, number one thing to keep in mind don't get discouraged. Even the big time dealers resubmit, believe it or not. Don't let the haters get to you either, some people will talk down anything not entombed in the right plastic, its really about finding your niche and finding stuff that you can make the good deal on and some people don't want anymore competition. >>

I appreciate the comments and suggestions and I will do as you wrote. I want to thank everyone for all the comments and the welcome to the site.I think good and bad points were covered in this thread.I guess my ultimate wish would be that all coins get treated the same no matter whos they are because we all have money vested even though its more about fun to find the next gem and to me bragging rights of a beautiful set is the ultimate goal.All I can tell you is ive seen some coins graded and I wonder sometimes how they got graded due to the condition or sometimes even being able to tell a light cleaning was done/ all I want is fairness for all!
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    keep in mind that the graders do not know who sent the coin in for grading. All they see is the coin.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    Boy,you do get around derryb!image
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Login Denied, you are not authorized to login to the forums.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    So sorry to hear that!
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I dont believe honeslty that even if it is a 66 I would get the grade,maybe if I was a large coin dealer and sent in 500 a month but PCGS wont take a chance because i think their too afraid to give the grade in fear of getting one sent back for a misgrade from time to time so i think they will always be conservative as well as any other grading company. >>

I am not a large submitter by any means (less than a 2 dozen/yr usually), nor am I a dealer, but, I sent in a nice morgan, purchased raw, and it received MS66. So, I do believe that sending in a deserving coin will get the grade. To think that they look at the person sending it in and the graders make a decision based on that is pretty wrong.....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you are finding a way to upload to the forum.

Just a heads up......sounds like you have a good source with that older gentleman. He had a good eye
    it appears.

But, I'll comment on one thing. The Mint did not issue Morgan dollars in rolls. Never. Paper rolls were
    not commonly used until the late 1930's or thereabouts. Morgans were distributed to banks in bags of
    1,000 coins. Never in rolls. No such thing as an original roll.

There are "rolls from an original bag" however. As many bags were distributed in the 50's and 60's. At
    that time dealers did roll coins from bags and that's about as original as you can get, but not Mint issued.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file