Home Precious Metals
Options

That stincks!

piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
After 3 months of waiting for the 15th of the month to change my profile pic, someone keeps forgetting to offer the option of doing so.
To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

Comments

• Options
    CyStaterCyStater Posts: 681 ✭✭✭
    I like your avatar. You should leave it.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    put it in your sig line, maximum resolution.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What avatar were you considering?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can change it any time. To upload one that is not already in their data files, you do have to wait until that function is switched on
  • Options
    To upload one that is not already in their data files, you do have to wait until that function is switched on

I've been waiting for that to happen for 3 months, hence my frustration of it not being turned on. As I understood it in the past, it is (supposed to be) done on the 15th of each month.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are too busy tweeting. Maybe you should tweet them back.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on things going so well that this is one of your top concerns today image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Congratulations on things going so well that this is one of your top concerns today image >>

Where did he say that it was one of his top concerns?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    probably you should "fix it for me" and change it to "one of the concerns worth voicing" or something more accurate. Thanks!

• Options
    vibr0nicvibr0nic Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Congratulations on things going so well that this is one of your top concerns today image >>

I suppose we should offer you the same snarky congratulations.
    I like large size currency and silver dollars.
  • Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to say something but thought the better of it.

Discretion is the better part of valor.
    Have a nice day
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    SM1 must have slept in late today.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the avatar thing is a carolj function, not SM1
  • Options
    Barndog...Wingsrule has his board cop hat on and is implying that I said something that I shouldn't have, and maybe that is the case, but after 3 months of waiting for someone, whoevers responsibility it is, to press a button is frustrating. These Forums PCGS hosts may be free, but at least maintain them, right?
    Not really a hard thing to do, is it? Once a month, press a button for one day (the 15th of each month is what I was told) to allow those who might want to make a change to do so?
    Whatever, not really a big deal, just a little frustrating having waited 3 months now.
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    Barndog - pieces is right. His original post violated board rules. Fact.
  • Options
    I don't know why you have it out for me Mark. Thought we've had some good transactions, I've accepted the stringent rules that are laid out here and played by your house rules (you've been here longer), I respect your opinion when you pick me apart because I may have a different view, and you still wont relent. You're a special kind of guy Mark.
    All I did is sarcastically ask if I could get a job with PCGS, and that's a rules violation (in your eyes)? WOW!
    And if you're refering to the title, yeah, it was/is a fat finger typo. Why change it lol?

edited to add:
    And there's been far worse things said, by you, and nothing was said by anyone, but you feel that you have to call me on the carpet? Wow. I think someone has too much time on their hands.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

<< <i>after 3 months of waiting for someone, whoevers responsibility it is, to press a button is frustrating. These Forums PCGS hosts may be free, but at least maintain them, right?
    Not really a hard thing to do, is it? Once a month, press a button for one day (the 15th of each month is what I was told) to allow those who might want to make a change to do so?
    Whatever, not really a big deal, just a little frustrating having waited 3 months now. >>

there may be more to it than just pushing a button once a month. Perhaps while the window is open, it must be monitored the entire time, lest pranksters (not you) upload offensive images. That's probably what got it reduced from "always" to once a month, to once every few months. I'll change mine today using "the alternate" method image

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baley I never thought that was the reason for the once a month opportunity...but it makes sense.

Some prankster might sneak a toilet into his avatar.image
    Have a nice day