Home Metal Detecting

Bethany Beach DE. 6/11 - 6/18

Hello,

Just got back yesterday from a week long trip to Bethany Beach, DE. Had to take the detector to give the beach a shot.

Beach was afirly clean, lots of guys detecting in the morning when I went. The first day only .46 cents in clad, but I had a great time with my youngest daughter who was so excited for the next find, even if it was a bottlecap or bobby pin.

Then the third day, GOLD (14K)! WITH DIAMONDS! My heart almost stopped when I pulled this beauty from the sand. By far the best ring i have ever found. It fits my pinky and I plan on wearin it for a while! My daughter wasn't with me when I found it, but she was really happy for me!

Total for the week was ablut $2.00 in clad, an English 20 pence and the grandaddy of them all, the Gold Ring!

Clad

Comments

• pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    congrats on the gold! seems like more and more people are hitting the beach. I went to Old Orchard beach in Maine a couple years ago and saw several others there... apparently several go out there every day. Managed a silver ring, fortunately. But gold, now that's a nice feat! Do you know its weight?
  • Pcgs69,

Not sure of the weight, from research it looks like the average Men's wedding ring is about 4.2 grams. 14k gold is 58.3% pure. Don't know how much the Diamonds add to it.

I plan on taking it to a Jeweler to get an approximate value. I have been wearing it, I like it!

Found it using a White's Classic ID. Discrimination on minimum, Sensitivity on maximum. I have been detecting for about five or six years, but do not often find anything of particular interest to post.

I have also recently purchased a 5 inch coil for the Classic ID and picked up a new set of headphones while in Delaware ... Looking forward to hitting the parks again this summer!

This was my second Beach Detecting trip, I didn't find anything the first trip which was the Outer Banks a few yeas ago. There were a lot of people detecting on the Delaware Beaches, I saw another fellow detecting Sunday eveening when we got home as well. Could detecting be becoming more popular (especially with metals prices being so high?).

Clad
  • KarbKarb Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    Nice! Still waiting on my first gold of the year. Congrats!
    Robert

Hoarding silver and collecting history
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    I have one of those rings. Got it from a college girlfriend who wanted me marked 'taken'
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice ring image