Home Sports Talk
Options

Mets to appeal hit in one-hitter

jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
These guys have some balls....after getting a gift no-hitter last week when Beltran was clearly robbed of a hit vs. Santana...they have the audacity to appeal a hit to get another tainted no-hitter?

From ESPN.com:

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- R.A. Dickey allowed only an infield single in his second career one-hitter and broke the New York Mets' record for consecutive scoreless innings in a 9-1 victory over the Tampa Bay Rays on Wednesday night.

B.J. Upton's slow bouncer to third base in the first inning was the lone hit off Dickey.

Mets manager Terry Collins said after the game that the team will appeal the hit, saying the play instead should have been ruled an error by third baseman David Wright, according to ESPNNewYork.com's Adam Rubin

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not? If I were Dickey, I'd appreciate a manager who had my back like that, even if it's an exercise in futility.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    I'm not sure what is more unbelievable - that a franchise with the storied legacy of pitching that the Mets have finally got their first no-hitter, or that R.A. freakin' Dickey now holds the club record for scoreless innings.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq