Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

is there a way.........

Is there a way to look up a submission if you only have a cert number? I could swear I saw a way to do this years ago but I may be mistaken.

There is a seller on Ebay that has a good number of cards that I need for my set and they all graded PSA 6,7.8. He also has some star cards that are ungraded that he is selling from the same set that look better than some of the stuff he had graded. Since I am doing this set in raw form I am interested in these cards only. It is obvious to me by looking at the graded card cert numbers that this was all done in one or two submissions as they have sequential cert numbers, but I have this sneaking feeling that the ungraded cards were returned to him as trimmed, etc. In going to the cert verification on PSA's website and entering the numbers on the slabs in sequence, there are numbers that should have graded cards attached to them but I get a message saying that cert does not exists. I am not sure I explained this all that well so for example:

20679033>a card shows as existing for this cert
20679034>no card exists for this cert
20679035>a card shows as existing for this cert

(Cert numbers are fake and used for my purposes only)

I can clearly see the graded cards attached to the cert numbers in his auctions. Is it reasonable to assume that, in my example above, that the reason why a cert number is showing no card is because it was returned for EOT or some other reason? I can probably also assume these raw cards that he is selling as nrmt/mt with no comments about having them rejected by PSA have probably indeed been rejected?

I am sorry for the rambling but I wasnt sure how to exactly put what I was asking. Any comments would be appreciated.
I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!

Comments

• Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>Is there a way to look up a submission if you only have a cert number? I could swear I saw a way to do this years ago but I may be mistaken.

There is a seller on Ebay that has a good number of cards that I need for my set and they all graded PSA 6,7.8. He also has some star cards that are ungraded that he is selling from the same set that look better than some of the stuff he had graded. Since I am doing this set in raw form I am interested in these cards only. It is obvious to me by looking at the graded card cert numbers that this was all done in one or two submissions as they have sequential cert numbers, but I have this sneaking feeling that the ungraded cards were returned to him as trimmed, etc. In going to the cert verification on PSA's website and entering the numbers on the slabs in sequence, there are numbers that should have graded cards attached to them but I get a message saying that cert does not exists. I am not sure I explained this all that well so for example:

I can clearly see the graded cards attached to the cert numbers in his auctions. Is it reasonable to assume that, in my example above, that the reason why a cert number is showing no card is because it was returned for EOT or some other reason? I can probably also assume these raw cards that he is selling as nrmt/mt with no comments about having them rejected by PSA have probably indeed been rejected?

I am sorry for the rambling but I wasnt sure how to exactly put what I was asking. Any comments would be appreciated. >>

To my knowledge, only if the submitter set the submission to 'publicly viewable', like some group sub owners do. I've never set one to be public, and doubt any seller doing what you suspect would do it either.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Is there a way to look up a submission if you only have a cert number? I could swear I saw a way to do this years ago but I may be mistaken.

I am sorry for the rambling but I wasnt sure how to exactly put what I was asking. Any comments would be appreciated. >>

To my knowledge, only if the submitter set the submission to 'publicly viewable', like some group sub owners do. I've never set one to be public, and doubt any seller doing what you suspect would do it either. >>

Thanks for the response.

So would it be reasonable to assume that the cert numbers that are showing with no card associated with them but are smack dab in the middle of two other cert numbers of cards that the seller is selling is probably the result of a card being rejected by PSA?
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>So would it be reasonable to assume that the cert numbers that are showing with no card associated with them but are smack dab in the middle of two other cert numbers of cards that the seller is selling is probably the result of a card being rejected by PSA? >>

It's a reasonable supposition, since as far as I know PSA doesn't skip numbers for any other reason except rejects. Now, continuing the guessing game a bit - if the cards you CAN find are grouped by set and are in card# order (based on the cert#s) you might be able to guess which raw cards might have fit into the gaps.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq