Home Sports Talk
Options

Congratulations Kings!

SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
Awesome Stanley Cup run, one for the ages.

Sorry this post isn't about cards.

Nuff said.

"Molon Labe"

Comments

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    people walking down Ventura Blvd. with their little towels and big smiles, too.

nothing on fire out here.

wearing my GU Stevie Kaspar jersey with pride tonight.

bitter beer face Coach finally cracked a grin.
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    isn't there a soccer forum this could be placed in?
  • Options
    silly. tonight's game looked more like Rollerball. image
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    So fun being at the game watching my team win the Stanley Cup.

Here's me and the wife as the celebration goes on in the background
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    I just got home from the game and I am exhausted - I will be posting some awesome photos from the game in the next day or so when I get the chance
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    benderbroethbenderbroeth Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    wish i could have seen the end of the game, but at the point i left it was 4-0..so i needed to go.
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    jimrad, you favor Kenny Perry.
  • Options
    chaz43chaz43 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    Screw the Kings, Marty FOREVER!!! chaz
  • Options
    chaz blows. itz.
  • Options
    Congrats to you and your wife! It's been a long time since the team that won the cup actually clinched it at home. Now, the kings get to wear their crown!
  • Options
    Jimrad,

Enjoy the Cup! Beating the Canucks, Blues, Coyotes and Devils - they earned it. As a Bruins fan and winner last year, doesn't it feel GREAT!

Now, let's see some pictures.

Dave
  • Options
    Congrats Kings fans ...........
    My all time favorite Kings Card has to be the 1968-69 Terry Sawchuk !!!!!!! (If someone's got a beauty ~ SHOW IT OFF)
  • Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    It was a great series and play-off. My favorite King was Luc Robitaille and I loved that he was there last night and every time he was mentioned and when he finally held up the cup the crowd screamed LUUUUUUU....

It was great.

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    still giddy, this is so cool.

i was thinking about how they let their beards go during the playoffs, and remembering the very oldest and best bearded King.

+1 for Cowboy Flett. bet he's smiling up in Heaven, too.
  • Options
    It was awesome to be there. It was even more awesome to celebrate with Jimrad! He and I have become great friends from the boards, and we have met up at almost every postseason home game to celebrate this phenominal journey. I have been going to the Kings games now for 30 years, and Jim has been a season ticket holder for atleast that long!!!

I almost stayed home last night because the cost of going to all these games were adding up. My family of four loves the Kings games. My first date with the wife was a Kings game. Jimrad said to me, how can I pass on this memory for my family, when I spend so much on the cardboard. I am glad he spoke those words of reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1911 C55 hockey
    1935 National Chicle
    1961 Golden Press
    1962 Bell Brand Dodgers
    Top 200 cards in the hobby
    Top 250 cards in the hobby
    All time lakers
    All time Dodgers
    1957 Disney Characters
    1965 Donruss Disneyland
    1966 Get Smart
    Brian
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    As a diehard Boston Bruins fan I know what you guys are feeling. Congrats and live it up!
  • Options
    chaz43chaz43 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭

<< <i>still giddy, this is so cool.

i was thinking about how they let their beards go during the playoffs, and remembering the very oldest and best bearded King.

+1 for Cowboy Flett. bet he's smiling up in Heaven, too. >>

Screw the Kings. Devils forever!!! chaz
  • Options
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>still giddy, this is so cool.

+1 for Cowboy Flett. bet he's smiling up in Heaven, too. >>

Screw the Kings. Devils forever!!! chaz >>

Chaz, L.A. is new at this. Do you know where I can find the schedule for the cup itself? I want to be sure and check it out while it's living here.

Thanks in advance.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Congrats to all you Kings fans on your first cup!!! Hope you all get to check it out.

BTW, "Triple Crown Line" was one of the best ever. Dionne, Taylor, and Simmer must be smiling now too. Maybe not Taylor so much. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    Congrats to the Kings, and congrats to USA hockey as well.

Last year the US produced the ConnSmythe trophy winner, and this year it produced the ConnSmythe trophy winner as well.
    Both captains from the Devils and LA are USA hockey products as well.
    I also believe that California produced a couple of kids that went in the first round of this years NHL draft, or last years draft.

• Options
    congrats to the kings. That Bernier penalty was the dagger for the Devils.

Still think Brodeur is better than Roy
  • Options
    TheThrill22TheThrill22 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Jim!
  • Options
    Great Game!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thrilling game. Kings were just the better team. Rangers did have their chances again. Could have easily have won all 3 games in LA, but the better team makes the plays to win.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    rjcoy06rjcoy06 Posts: 157 ✭✭✭
    Really happy for Justin Williams. Of all the players to play for the Plymouth Whalers and make the NHL, who would have thought he would win 3 Cups and the Conn Smythe. Great to see a former Whaler do so well.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im just glad New York lost image
  • Options
    +1 for Chris Sutter.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Im just glad New York lost image >>

LOL, that only happens in hockey, though, not the NFL, as Pats fans know all too well.. image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Im just glad New York lost image >>

LOL, that only happens in hockey, though, not the NFL, as Pats fans know all too well.. image >>

HEY!!!! That was not cool Tim!

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh. I'm happy for LA and happier that there weren't celebratory riots in the city, but frankly lost interest when the Hawks fell.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations to the Kings organization and their fans, winning the cup is something special.
    Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While not a fan of either team I always watch the finals of the 4 major sports. This was a great game and when 2 teams play with such intensity/heart it's a shame there has to be a loser. But from a purely sport/game performance neither side could hang their head after such a game.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".