Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone here win this Proof Jefferson 1939r40?

mingotmingot Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭
(it's the expensive one)

ebay link

Comments

• Options
    stephunterstephunter Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm a little concerned about the spots. I'll post my own pictures when I get it.
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    niccceee one of us
    congrats
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    mingotmingot Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭
    Lots of upside there, I hope you do well!
  • Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Againimage Is that Raw?

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    coolestcoolest Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    Isn't that a $1000 coin in Pf65?
  • Options
    Probably 450-500 in PF65
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    Why is it listed as "PROOF" and not PROOF?
    Is it really a proof or are they saying it looks like a proof?
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my...that seller....oh my. I remember more than a few threads about that seller I do believe.

Good look on the coin

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Oh my...that seller....oh my. I remember more than a few threads about that seller I do believe.

Good look on the coin >>

The seller has been discussed here many times, but all were for selling problem coins and not disclosing it. I have bought from this seller multiple times without a problem. I think in this case, the seller just got a raw coin and didn't check for the variety. The spots look like it might bring it down to a 64, but even at that price it's in the money.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    The spots aren't to bad and there is a little haze, but I think it will clean up ok. Probably send it to NCS to get it fixed up before the spots become more of a problem. I'll post a picture of before soon, then a follow up with after.
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The spots aren't to bad and there is a little haze, but I think it will clean up ok. Probably send it to NCS to get it fixed up before the spots become more of a problem. I'll post a picture of before soon, then a follow up with after. >>

ty. we like follow-up with images!

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options

<< <i>(it's the expensive one)

ebay link >>

Text Hows this one? I had this one given to me by a friend I buy Morgan rolls from.his morgan rolls are out of a collection from a guy who bought them st from the mint,carried home in bags then paper rolled them over 50 years ago.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>(it's the expensive one)

ebay link >>

Text Hows this one? I had this one given to me by a friend I buy Morgan rolls from.his morgan rolls are out of a collection from a guy who bought them st from the mint,carried home in bags then paper rolled them over 50 years ago. >>

Let me try this again,just copy and paste the link http://s1051.photobucket.com/albums/s421/pauliswilling/1939 jefferson nickel/
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vince, based only on the sellers picture i believe you'll find the spots can't be removed or lessened to any degree and the fact that they are in perhaps the prime focal area on this coin will limit it to PR64 at best. that's been my experience; they look almost like pitting as though the coin was struck from a rusted die or could be those nasty carbon spots on Proof Nickels of that era. they may also prove to be far less noticeable in-hand since the sellers lighting is rather intense.

either way you have another nice example of a very scarce Variety.
  • Options
    Grades just posted from NGC (after a clean up at NCS) and it came in at Proof 65. I forgot to get a picture before, but I'll try to remember to get some posted of the after when I get the coin back.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file