Home Sports Talk
Options

Miami Heat or OKC Thunder: Who will win?

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
Assuming anyone cares to click and open this threadimage

Since I am older, one part of me wanted to see the Spurs v. the Celtics.

But after thinking about things, it is refreshing to see two teams playing for the title that are not established franchises with multiple titles on their resume.

The Miami Heat franchise is less than 25 years old. OKC is new to OKC but hung around for years as the Seattle Supersonics. Both franchises have one NBA title (Miami in 2006; and Seattle way back in 1979).

For hoops fans who like younger players to shine, this matchup should interest you. Wade, James and Bosh for Miami vs. Durant, Westbrook and Hardin for OKC. Hopefully the series will go seven games.

Comments

• Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    I hope that OKC wins, and on paper, you'd think that OKC should handle the Heat. OKC has the interior defense that will make Lebron and Wade's trips to the hoop a lot harder to finish than they did vs. Boston. But they are in unchartered territory, and it always feels like Westbrook can give away a game every now and then (just like Rondo can).

I think the Thunder pull it out in 7. For the NBA-conspiracy theorists out there, I think it is in the NBA's best interest to have the Heat lose again. That'll make the playoffs that much more exciting next year when the pressure REALLY would be mounting on Lebron to get it done.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It pretty much comes down to who has a better series either Durant or James.

Heat in 6, since we are throwing conspiricy theories out there I say they want Lebron to get a ring
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got family in the Heat organization, rooting for them.
  • Options
    MrVintageMrVintage Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
    Thunder in 7.....and even though they are undeafeated at home thus far in the playoffs, I have a feeling that OKC is gonna have to win at least one game in Miami to win the series. It will be cool if Durant and James are matched up a lot during the series.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    my nickel is on Heat. i think Lebron will be up to task.

• Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    OKC in 5.
    Capecards
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    After this series, the press will annoint Durant as the second coming of Kobe, as the next player-leader of the NBA. Durant will be holding the Trophy and this will be the start of an OKC dynasty. I think in 20 yrs, we'll think back to the NBA as being a Jordan-Kobe-Durant lineage.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Lebron and Wade walk home with the trophy.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    TheCARDKidTheCARDKid Posts: 1,496
    I think Durant made some game changing shots against San Antonio. Almost NBA altering shots.

In the highlight reels now, you see....Magics baby hook, Bird stole the ball, passes to DJ, Jordans moves, etc. I think Durants shots are going to go into that montage. I don't know...it really felt like a passing of the torch in that san antonio series. He hit some monster shots when it counted.

I'm going OKC in 6. I dont think they could lose game 6 and 7 at home.
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durant will be too much. OKC wins easily.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    I love Durant, but I think some here are selling LeBron's ability to play D a little short. I could see Durant struggling at times this series, but the one guy that the Heat don't have an answer for is Westbrook. The Heat couldn't control Rondo, and I wouldn't consider Rondo a dynamic scorer. As long as Westbrook stays in control (no easy task for him), he'll be the difference.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I admit I am a Russell Westbrook fan but I really think he could be the bell weather here. He is obviously a hot and cold player. I don't think the Heat have anybody who can guard him so if he is on I think it's OKC in 6. If he is off it could easily go the other way. Durant is going to get his, Lebron/Wade are going to get theirs. Russell is the X factor!
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Turnover stats will tell this series. I think some are getting a little ahead of themselves........Durant is not in a class by himself yet. Wonderful player; but let's not get crazy. Has many years left to become a legend and he could clearly get there. Lebron is unreal....He just needs a few clutch moments and he can clearly seperate himself from everyone else playing right now. I don't believe anyone can seperate themselves from Jordan-He did absolutely everything.

I actually think a ton of pressure is on both teams. The league and the fans have changed. Both teams need to win now. With injuries, free agency and everything else the windows of opportunity are getting smaller for all teams.

Will Durant and Westbrook be on the same sheet of music for all 7 games if things become a little tight. Sometimes Westbrook feels the need to go wild with shooting and turnovers.

Looking forward to this series especially now with Bosh back.

Miami in 7.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

<< <i> Sometimes Westbrook feels the need to go wild with shooting and turnovers. >>

Yup. That's why I say he is the X factor. If he controls his turnovers to a reasonable number, and doesn't shoot too much, the Thunder roll!
  • Options
    OKC is looking strong. Im a Cavs fan and FU LBJ and your hair line.
    Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't want to be disturbed while watching the game, so I set my phone to "LeBron Mode".

(no ring)

• Options
  • Options
    I want one!!

• Options
    Durant and Westbrook both had their way last night....I thought if Miami was going to get one in OKC, it would have been Game 1...
  • Options
    benderbroethbenderbroeth Posts: 1,699 ✭✭

<< <i>Durant and Westbrook both had their way last night....I thought if Miami was going to get one in OKC, it would have been Game 1... >>

they had a great lead..blew it, go OKC!!!
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    The least likely outcome has been eliminated (Miami in 4).

Seven possible combinations remain.

The 3 best teams in the NBA are in the western conference (had to slip in that one - discuss among yourselves!)

Capecards
  • Options
    MrVintageMrVintage Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
    San Antonio you could argue for, but if your thinking the Lakers are the 3rd team I would have to strongly disagree
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    Ok I have to ask a question. I played basketball in high school, I had Lakers season tickets through the 80's and got to watch the "show time" years. I really stopped following basketball about 15 years ago. I watched some of the finals - Did the NBA change the rules because it seems like the players are traveling all the time and never get called for it. I even would rerun the the plays in super slow motion on the DVR to make sure what I am seeing. So my question, have the rules changed?
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    OKC I hope.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options

<< <i>Ok I have to ask a question. I played basketball in high school, I had Lakers season tickets through the 80's and got to watch the "show time" years. I really stopped following basketball about 15 years ago. I watched some of the finals - Did the NBA change the rules because it seems like the players are traveling all the time and never get called for it. I even would rerun the the plays in super slow motion on the DVR to make sure what I am seeing. So my question, have the rules changed? >>

Did the NBA ever have much defense?
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Jimrad,
    Yes....traveling is out of hand. I was thinking the same thing the other night as Wade travels alot. Lebron had a pump fake in the lane and changed pivot feet....never called. This happens regularly. It gets really nasty when it's the end of the game and all of a sudden the traveling gets called. I hope this doesn't happen in the series. Officials have been very fair so far.

Durant went soft to tie the game. Should have went all the way to the rim.

All being said.......Miami played a great game and still only won by a few points. Oklahoma City can make a run at any time. What was the degree of difficulty on some of those left handed layups by Lebron?......the angle...the english on the ball "WOW". His skill set is impressive.
  • Options
    So much for my theory that the NBA would want the Heat to lose. The refs are giving one of the most atrocious performances I've ever seen, which is saying a lot. Miami is basically tossing OKC all around the court and not getting called for it. OKC breathes on LeBron and its a foul....it's criminal.
  • Options
    FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED
  • Options
    Miami's Big Three

• Options
    I heard al the WWWAAAAAAAAAAAA all the the way over on the BST board !!!! image
    Any team on any given Sunday, can beat any other team...unless they were playing the Miami Dolphins in 1972.
  • Options
    ouch OKC. tough series. thought they had it after game one.
    Beyond 1971 topps mid grade stars and commons, I'm always looking for collector-quality spears, tips, and arrowheads