Home Sports Talk
Options

The Official 2012 Atlanta Braves thread

mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
Great night at the Ted. Smoltzie's number 29 now hanging in the OF next to Murphy, Aaron, Cox, Glavine, Maddux, Neikro, and Spahn.

Also, the Braves are on a 5 game winning streak now and only 1 game out of 1st.
Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.

Comments

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you started this thread! image I didn't get to see the Smoltz ceremony, but listened to it on Braves radio. Good stuff! image
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    Really thought about driving up to Atlanta between Smoltzs ceremony and the Sid Bream bobble head. Unfortunately I had to move apartments down here in Tampa and couldn't make it up!
  • Options
    Playing well, hope the starting pitching holds up.
  • Options
    Been a bad week for the ATL. Awful awful blown game against Yankees on Tuesday night and Chipper announced today that he's getting divorced (again).
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

• Options

<< <i>Been a bad week for the ATL. Awful awful blown game against Yankees on Tuesday night and Chipper announced today that he's getting divorced (again). >>

+1

• Options
    Pretty funny watching Jeter, Granderson, and Arod trying to hit Craig Kimbrel in the 9th tonight. Jeter led off the 9th and got 4 fastballs...clocked at 98,98,98, and 99. No contact... Then Granderson comes to the plate clearly looking for the heater and Kimbrel starts him with 2 changeups. At 0-2, he blows a 99MPH fastball by him. At least Arod was able to make contact. When Kimbrel is on, he is untouchable.

• Options

<< <i>When Kimbrel is on, he is untouchable. >>

I went and saw the Braves play the Cardinals is September 2010...the game would eventually go to 14 innings and Alex Gonzalez would hit a walk off 2 run homer, but in the 8th inning the announced the next pitcher...."Craig Kimbrell". WHO, I thought to myself? I grabbed the program and his name was not even listed. He struck out the side, after giving up a walk, but the way his fastball popped Mccann's glove was memorable. Even my wife, who didn't go to the game but watched on tv said that she was shocked at how fast he could throw. Arguably, he is the best closer in baseball right now! (But of course, I may not be objective on the subject!) image
  • Options
    Nice SWEEEEEEP of the Phils at Citizens! Way to finish the 1st half of the season.

• Options
    A few stats I've read over the past week.- The Braves are 28-13 since July 1st. Over that span, the only better team in baseball has been..... the Nationals...Uggh. Over the July/August tear, the Braves have actually lost a half game to the Nationals. Also, since July 1st, Chipper has hit .345. If they can continue to play at this high of a level, I feel really good about their chances to make it to the big show again.

• Options
    Way to go Freddie! Love us some OCTOBER Baseball!!!! image