Home Sports Talk
Options

This is a classic

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brandon Jacobs was released this offseason by the Giants, but at least one fan is opening up the piggy bank to get the running back to return to New York.

Jacobs, who has signed with the 49ers, posted a letter to Twitter on Tuesday night he received from a 6-year-old boy named Joe. At the start of the letter, Joe's mom explains how her son became a fan of the team and how he was disappointed to see Jacobs depart to San Francisco. The mother had to explain that the Giants "didn't have enough money" to keep Jacobs, who was owed $5 million.

Brandon Jacobs said he plans on visiting the 6-year-old boy who sent him $3.36 in hopes it would be enough to get him back on the New York Giants. (Twitter photo)In the letter, Joe writes:

"Dear Brandon Jacobs,

So you could go to the Giants, here is my money.

Love, Joe"

Attached is a plastic bag of singles and change totaling $3.36.

Jacobs later tweeted, "I almost cried, I am still trying to hold it in. I may have to pay him a surprise visit."

The Giants parted ways with the bruising back after seven seasons in New York, the last of which included just 571 rush yards in Jacobs' 14 games.

In a sports landscape crowded with big contracts and bigger egos, Joe's letter is a nice reminder that fans weren't always jaded, and money wasn't always everything. Think hard enough, and maybe you'll recall a similar memory.

(H/T Deadpsin)

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-06-06/brandon-jacobs-letter-from-boy-with-money-new-york-giants-san-francisco-49ers#ixzz1xG7QW9y2

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a funny feeling the parents are looking for some type of 1 minute fame but who knows