Home Sports Talk

"I'LL HAVE ANOTHER" out of Belmont!!!

DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
Despite heavy anticipation that we would see the first Triple Crown in decades, I'll Have Another is not running the Belmont Stakes on Saturday. During an interview on the "Dan Patrick Show" on Friday, trainer Doug O'Neill broke the news.

I'll Have Another notched thrilling wins at the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes and was the early favorite at the Belmont Stakes.

The surprise scratch is the result of an injury, with O'Neill telling the Dan Patrick Show that the horse "has the start of some tendinitis in the left front leg.” O'Neill went on to reveal that he doesn't expect the horse to race again.

According to the Thoroughbred Times, the New York Racing Association has scheduled a press conference for 1 p.m. on Friday.

O'Neill told Patrick that the horse would appear during that press conference.
STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

Comments

• HallcoHallco Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I love the Triple Crown and all of it's history...In this case it is 100% the right thing to do for the health of the horse! The owner just earned a ton of respect from me(like he really cares anyway, right??!) image
  • I was really looking forward to watching the Belmont too. image But, now I'll probably just watch Veronica Belmont instead. image