Home Precious Metals
Options

Cheapest silver around...

MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
Searching boxes of halves. image

It's been a long time since I've had this much luck. I found a 40% half in the first roll I opened.
That is always a good sign.

About 5 rolls into the first box, I see two silver edges and notice one of them is smooth. My first thought was an edge damaged smoothed one from a coin counting machine. When I pulled it out, I was pretty excited to see a Walker. It's only the second Walking lib I've ever found. 1935-S

A short time later, I unwrap this roll and instantly see 3 silver edges... Not bad, One of them turned out to be a 1963 Franklin.

Here's the total haul from the first box plus two clads that I kept in addition to the silver.

So I was pretty excited to dig into the second box. Long story short, I found two more Franklins,
2 40%'ers and a pretty cool looking circulated clad.

Comments

• Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Nice haul!!! Thanks for sharing.

I'll try a box.
    COA
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭

You're making me want to go hurt my back carrying out a box or 2 from the bank.

Super finds. They've about dried up around these parts. Last 5 or 6 boxes yielded nothing but smutty black fingers.

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    BanemorthBanemorth Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Great score. My bank of 7 years decided to start charging $6 a box and I told 'em to shove it. In the process of finding another bank that will do this for me and move my business to them.
    Justin From Jersey

Successful Transactions With: JoeLewis, Mkman123, Harry779, Grote15, gdavis70, Kryptonitecomics
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, wells fargo wanted to charge me $6 to order a box so i closed my account and am looking here and there.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    Excellent!
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard effing core.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice!
  • Options
    I checked it all out on coinflation a few minutes ago... It works out to $119.64 worth of silver for $10.50.
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>I checked it all out on coinflation a few minutes ago... It works out to $119.64 worth of silver for $10.50. >>

Cool (and fun)! image

But the real question is: who did draw the Halloween face on the Kennedy?! image
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I checked it all out on coinflation a few minutes ago... It works out to $119.64 worth of silver for $10.50. >>

Cool (and fun)! image

But the real question is: who did draw the Halloween face on the Kennedy?! image >>

image I'll give you a hint... he's been practicing writing his name. He made the triangles, I helped him with the scary mouth...
  • Options
    ibzman350ibzman350 Posts: 5,315
    Nice haulimage

I found 2 40% at my bank last monday, made my day.

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I nominate you for a "You Suck" award. All it takes is a second motion and you will officially suck image
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,594 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice lil haul
  • Options
    TomohawkTomohawk Posts: 667 ✭✭
    I second...very nice U Suck!
    ASE Addict...but oh so poor!
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    that's it Brian, you officially suck! Nice take buddy.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    I think Cody made the Halloween face. ??

Nice score!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice haul of silver.

Earlier this year I ordered $1,000 in halves at my bank. No silver at all. That experiece cured my curiousity for roll searching.