Options

Anyone know Honeycutt?

Does anyone know Honeycutt who is 3rd on the Lincoln
Proof 1950-Present registry? I'd like to discuss some
of the great coins he has there, thanks in advance!image

Comments

• Options
    STOCKFORDSTOCKFORD Posts: 1,328 ✭✭
    I would like to know also. He has some great proof jefferson nickels.
    LOOKING FOR FULL STEP JEFFERSON NICKELS PCGS OR NGC
  • Options
    He's had top sets for years. He was my target in Proof Jeffs early on. Once he finishes the '38-'42 Jeffs he'll be first again, or at least ahead of me. Looks like '50-'64 DCAMs are his thing.

He is missing one coin from his proof Franklin set, but every coin in his set is DCAM (except the optional T1 '56). He has a top DCAM proof Roosey set from that period, only 2 Cams, the rest DCAM.
  • Options
    sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    He use to have his email address listed on his set. I sent him a message one day just saying how great his set was. He replied and seemed very nice.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    carl and stockford

have you looked at his modern proof jefferson set? he'll eventually be on top there, also. his only holes are coins he should be able to acquire and when he upgrades in other dates noone will catch him cause of all his 70's. i've watched his set since i signed on. i haven't wondered very much in the sets asside from nickles, but i remember he had a fine set for the earlier jeff's also.
  • Options
    Just saw this on the registry page where they are now listing quarters in the 2002 awards list:

Liberty Seated Quarters, Proof (1838-1891) - Honeycutt

Liberty Seated Quarters, (With Motto) Proof (1866-1891) - Honeycutt

I wonder how many others sets he has?
  • Options
    coinerdcoinerd Posts: 30 ✭✭
    Hey Sonofa-gunk,
    Any way you can search your archival e-mail files and dredge out Honeycutt's address?
    Maybe I'll hire one of those "we can find anybody" services since my efforts at scouring
    the internet have come up dry. As others have pointed out, this guy has too many great
    sets to not want to converse. Maybe he should get a username like, "Underground Collector"!
  • Options
    GQGQ Posts: 360
    I am one behind him in the 1938 proof Jefferson set at 90%...............that will scare him out!!!!! Wow...Does he have a great proof set or what.....
    NICKEL TRIUMPH...
  • Options
    sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    If I find his email, I will send him a message and ask him to post something here. I do not feel right giving out his email after he removed it from his sets.

• Options
    I know Honeycutt. He is a good guy.
  • Options
    It was nice chatting about him, hope he is enjoying the anonymity of his
    underground status. If he ever decides to become social maybe someone
    can suggest he visit us here!
  • Options
    Rick would say that.......... probably one of your better customers, right? image
    ahhhh....... SODO MELVIN?????
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Osiris - Even a good customer can be a decent and upright person. Dont become cynical , for even the both of us are good customers of someone. Regards Bear
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    Sorry Bear (and Rick)......... (oh..... and Honeycutt too)......... image I'm sure Honeycutt is a good person........ and a good customer.......
    ahhhh....... SODO MELVIN?????
  • Options
    This gentleman also has a very fine Kennedy proof set, just missing a few pieces and he would be in top 3. Too bad he isn't part of the forum. Sounds like he could contribute quite a bit.
    Chris

Pura Vida!
  • Options
    Has anyone run into Honeycutt over the last year since this was posted? Thanks
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about Bill Hall? Let's locate him first before we start another posse.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    Still can't find Honeycutt, is he a hermit?
    Anyway, does anyone know his first name?
    Thanksimage
  • Options
    The CGM III Collection is 3rd in the <FONT size=3>Lincoln Cents Basic Set Proof (1950-Present) </FONT>set and I ( Roger's Coins ) am 3rd in the <FONT size=3>Lincoln Cents with Varieties Proof (1950-Present) set. Is Honeycutt the "</FONT><FONT size=2>The Modern Variety Man"? </FONT>
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    We'll probably see some action in his and EBL III's sets shortly, since annual awards are next month. In proof Kennedys, both of them just need to add a 2002 coin or two and they're right back at the top of the rankings.

Russ, NCNE