Home Sports Talk
Options

OT... Well this is it, Game 7.... Boston needs a miracle!

So much for Lebron and D. Wade bringing home the Trophy.

I can't see Boston losing game 6 either especially at home.

So much for creating a team of stars in hopes of winning a NBA Championship. I think Eric Spoelstra has done a terrible job coaching. I don't think he, Lebron, Wade, and Bosh will all return next year.

Anyway go Boston!! I love Durant and all he stands for and had all along hoped the finals would be Celtics vs Thunder.
Miconelegacy Auctions
"Live everyday, don't throw it away"

Comments

• Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>So much for Lebron and D. Wade bringing home the Trophy.

I can't see Boston losing game 6 either especially at home.

So much for creating a team of stars in hopes of winning a NBA Championship. I think Eric Spoelstra has done a terrible job coaching. I don't think he, Lebron, Wade, and Bosh will all return next year.

Anyway go Boston!! I love Durant and all he stands for and had all along hoped the finals would be Celtics vs Thunder. >>

Not sure how I feel about Spoelstra - that's gotta be one hard job right now. I never see ANY of the big three looking to the bench for instructions, calls, or anything.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    of course the world cries out for justice while watching these rickety old Boston men diss the South Beach Bullies, but do we really wanna see them get steamrolled by OKC in the Finals?

for that matter, do we really wanna see them play the San Antonio rickety old man (assuming Duncan finds a way to bore the Thunder into a false sense of security) in an NBA Finals which could set a viewership record for Retirement communities? image
  • Options

<< <i>of course the world cries out for justice while watching these rickety old Boston men diss the South Beach Bullies, but do we really wanna see them get steamrolled by OKC in the Finals?

for that matter, do we really wanna see them play the San Antonio rickety old man (assuming Duncan finds a way to bore the Thunder into a false sense of security) in an NBA Finals which could set a viewership record for Retirement communities? image >>

LOL that's funny. But Boston doesn't look so old and Garnett is playing the best he has probably since they won the Championship in 08. They did just do that 4 years ago right? Nobody can deny Rondo is one of the best all around guards in the league. If he keeps playing great I give Boston a chance to win the Championship again. They would smoke San Antonio, Now OKC is another story. I will however stand behind my Celts all the way...

I do like Durant again like I said. He is very grounded for someone so young. Doesn't get caught up in the glitz and glamour making a lot of money does to most.

We'll see, but so far this has been one of the best playoffs in a long time...
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭✭
    Bon Bon will never get a trophy LMAO~~~~

With the Lake Show bowing out I hope OKC thumps Boston. I like the Westbrook, Durant, Harden combo
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    I'm a Knicks fan and I hate to admit that I find myself pulling for the Celts but they do play the game like men. Rondo is a beast and Garnett is playing like a true all time power forward. I think its great to see a TEAM winning this series. Miami does not play basketball. All isos on offense and defense that is more interested in flopping than making a play on the ball.

Boston/San Antonio would make for a great Finals from a purely basketball standpoint. Maybe not as good for Sportscenter as Miami/OKC but from an X's and Os standpoint it would be great basketball.
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    I'm a big Sixers fan and I am pulling for the Celtics too. Not fan of Lebron and Wade. Did not mind when Wade won with Shaq, but since then I will not pull for him or Bosh to win it!

aconte
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    I want to see Miami lose for several reasons.

1. DWade didnt come to Chicago
    2. Lebron didnt come to Chicago
    3. I am a huge KG fan, that guy is an animal.
    4. If Miami loses Riley will coach next year.
    5. Boston's "Old 3" are my age... (Could say the same about the Spurs)
  • Options

<< <i>I'm a big Sixers fan and I am pulling for the Celtics too. Not fan of Lebron and Wade. Did not mind when Wade won with Shaq, but since then I will not pull for him or Bosh to win it!

aconte >>

I used to love Wade until the 2006 whistle-fest against Dallas, coupled with his Lazarus act after the slightest nick.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a Cavs fan, so it's obvious how fun this is for me right now. Loving every minute of it!

• Options
    I think the heat will win in 7 !!
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    bbuckner22bbuckner22 Posts: 1,028
    The series isn't over yet, but with that said my favorite NBA teams are:
    1 The Bulls
    2 Whoever is playing the Heat

Game 4 is tied, Heat ball, last possesion. LeBron passes to Haslem so he can take a 20 footer at the buzzer, lol. James might be a great player, but his collar does seem to get a little too tight in crunch time. Don't ever wanna hear him compared to MJ or Kobe.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options

<< <i>I think the heat will win in 7 !! >>

Wrong forum Rick, go post that on the Heat board
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options

<< <i>I think the heat will win in 7 !! >>

yeah, there's my worst fear, so we'll get to hear LeBlown babbling about how the team had their backs against the wall, gave it everything they had, wouldn't be denied, left it all out on the court, did it for Mom.

please Boston. i beg you. take your lumps in Oklahoma. spare us. image
  • Options
    It kind of bothers me when I hear Bulls and Knicks fans that are mad at LeBron because he didn't come to their teams. I mean I can see why you would be a little jaded by that, but Cavs fans and the city of Cleveland are the ones who really know what pain and rejection feels like at the hands of LeBron James.

While a majority of Cavs fans have since gotten over the hatred for LeBron, personally I will never get tired of seeing him fail. The only thing that seems to make me feel better about his nationally televised rejection of Northeast Ohio, is the annual nationally televised karma paying him back when he falls short of a championship.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Lebron and Wade are almost Kobe'sque in their over inflated ego's. I liked Bosh in Toronto and Lebron in Cleveland but I can't stand watching Miami play.
  • Options
    At least for me it has nothing to do with Lebron not choosing to come to the Knicks. I have personally never been a fan of Lebron. My issue is with superstars in their prime joining forces to win championships rather than competing head to head. As MJ said, he would have never called up Larry or Magic and talked about joining forces because the challenge was going through those guys. Lebron left Cleveland because in theory, joining up with Wade and Bosh was the "easy" way to get a the ring. Not so easy after all though. I thought Cleveland was the place for him. He could have brought them one championship and been a legend there.
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    I'm pulling for Boston because I can't stand Lebron and I'm a Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett fan (Paul Pierce, not so much), but I also wouldn't mind Miami winning because it sets up the best series and storyline and maybe a rivalry between Lebron and KD. Whomever wins the east, I want OKC and Durant to bring home the title.
  • Options
    your recent play on KD cards could bring home the bacon.
  • Options

<< <i>your recent play on KD cards could bring home the bacon. >>

I already moved some of them and realized around 25% profit. I think if anyone is gonna move any Durant stuff it has to be between now and the end of the playoffs or wait until next season. I think he's also a pretty safe longterm investment at this point. Another 3-5 years at the pace he's at and he's surefire HOF and it's probably closer to 10+ more years and a lot of records before he's done.
  • Options
    MrVintageMrVintage Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
    I live in Oklahoma City and I can tell you that our city is absolutely CRAZY about the Thunder!!!!! Tonight is going to be a huge game against the Spurs.....as for the Heat-Celtics series.....I hope that the Heat are starting to truly understand how difficult winning a championship can be. When they joined forces they seemed to have the attitude that it was going to be easy and of course Lebron had the famous quote talking about winning more than 5 championships. Wade and James are both top 5 players in the league.....when they are on different teams. When they are together Lebron is still a top 2 player in the league, but I think that Wade drops to somewhere in the 10-15 range. As for Bosh I wouldn't even rank him in the top 25-30 players in the league. The rest of their roster is below average. I am not one of those people that is so caught up in the moment that I'm gonna say they are not a good team, but I don't think they will be able to win a championship with their current big 3. They don't complement each other well and with their salaries you just can't afford to put a quality roster around them. Boston will close it out in game 6 and the Thunder will beat Boston in 6 in the Finals......just my opinion
  • Options
    thekid8thekid8 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm a Cavs fan, so it's obvious how fun this is for me right now. Loving every minute of it!

image >>

Wait a sec ---- Lebron is 100% correct and you should get the whole quote --- if I recall the full quote is "Not in year 1 or year 2 or year three.... will we win a championship"

Go Celtics
    Gary Carter Fans check out www.thekid8.com

• Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    Lebron is 27. Michael Jordan won his first title at 28.

That said, I'm not too sad to see the heat going down in Flames this year.
  • Options

<< <i>Lebron is 27. Michael Jordan won his first title at 28.

That said, I'm not too sad to see the heat going down in Flames this year. >>

Jordan won in his 8th year; LeBron is in his 9th right now.
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options
    Jordan won 3 in a row......TWICE......and had he not retired for a few years who knows how many they would have won!!!!!! Lebron will still be looking for number 1 after this season is over. I get upset with people that compare Kobe to MJ, but comparing Lebron to MJ in any way is simply a slap in the face to the greatest basketball player the world has ever seen. Maybe D.Wade should watch some film of Scottie Pippen and notice that Pippen didn't fall down every single time he took a shot........
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Ever since the decision I am definitely a hater. I hope the Heat lose, fire their coach, trade a player or two, etc.... F' LeBron!
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496

<< <i>Jordan won 3 in a row......TWICE......and had he not retired for a few years who knows how many they would have won!!!!!! Lebron will still be looking for number 1 after this season is over. I get upset with people that compare Kobe to MJ, but comparing Lebron to MJ in any way is simply a slap in the face to the greatest basketball player the world has ever seen. Maybe D.Wade should watch some film of Scottie Pippen and notice that Pippen didn't fall down every single time he took a shot........ >>

Yep. I also think its funny how Wade and the Heat won when nobody really expected it, and now that they have a "dream team" they haven't been able to seal the deal. They need to trade one of the big 3 for some role players and fire Spoelstra as well.

I enjoy seeing "heat fans" suffer through this when they were wearing Magic jerseys a few years ago when we were in the finals.
  • Options

<< <i>If only there was a forum where people could talk about sports... image >>

I guess this is the part where I am supposed to tell you that if you have no interest in contributing or reading the thread you can simply not read it and go on to one that interests you, but if you wanna play hall monitor go for it.........but i'm quite sure that most of the people enjoying talking about this subject would prefer that you simply skipped this thread and went to one that you would enjoy. I am not a person that gets into the "drama" on here so i'm not gonna get into it with you, but in closing I have often wondered what kind of joy people get by trying to correct a harmless mistake like a topic being posted in the "wrong section" of this message board. It's not like Tinkerbell's light is gonna go out or something....
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>If only there was a forum where people could talk about sports... image >>

I guess this is the part where I am supposed to tell you that if you have no interest in contributing or reading the thread you can simply not read it and go on to one that interests you, but if you wanna play hall monitor go for it.........but i'm quite sure that most of the people enjoying talking about this subject would prefer that you simply skipped this thread and went to one that you would enjoy. I am not a person that gets into the "drama" on here so i'm not gonna get into it with you, but in closing I have often wondered what kind of joy people get by trying to correct a harmless mistake like a topic being posted in the "wrong section" of this message board. It's not like Tinkerbell's light is gonna go out or something.... >>

don't sweat this clown man. He could have simply NOT opened the thread that was clearly labeled as to exactly what it is, but still felt the need to open it and be a douche.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I guess this is the part where I am supposed to tell you that if you have no interest in contributing or reading the thread you can simply not read it and go on to one that interests you, but if you wanna play hall monitor go for it.........but i'm quite sure that most of the people enjoying talking about this subject would prefer that you simply skipped this thread and went to one that you would enjoy. I am not a person that gets into the "drama" on here so i'm not gonna get into it with you, but in closing I have often wondered what kind of joy people get by trying to correct a harmless mistake like a topic being posted in the "wrong section" of this message board. It's not like Tinkerbell's light is gonna go out or something.... >>

don't sweat this clown man. He could have simply NOT opened the thread that was clearly labeled as to exactly what it is, but still felt the need to open it and be a douche. >>

I think his point was that there is a forum designed specifically for topics like this. I'm sure most would complain if you posted items for sale in the sports talk forum. No difference between the two.
  • Options
    An alt to the rescue! lol
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

don't sweat this clown man. He could have simply NOT opened the thread that was clearly labeled as to exactly what it is, but still felt the need to open it and be a douche. >>

I think his point was that there is a forum designed specifically for topics like this. I'm sure most would complain if you posted items for sale in the sports talk forum. No difference between the two. >>

I count roughly 10 threads on page 1 or 2 that aren't card-related, and don't even get me started on the "in their prime" cluster-f. A misplaced thread or two isn't going to implode the forum; well, unless the alts and old catfights cause it to.
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    He's taking his career playoff success to South Beach as well

Havent really watched the NBA a lot lately, was a Celtics fan when I enjoyed the game. Even still, I love the fact that Miami is losing. Also, paid enough attention to pick OKC to win the championship before the playoffs began, so thats going well too. I might actually watch the finals this year
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    Lebron/Jordan comparisons end with one simple statistic: 6 NBA Finals appearances, 6 Rings, 6 NBA Finals MVPs. Every time the man made it to the championship round his team one and he was the deciding factor. Lebron cannot say that. Hell, not too many in professional sports can say that.
  • Options
    There's always 25 to 50 percent on the main page that aren't exactly cards. The reality is hardly anyone goes over to the Sports talk forum. You know when I did? Today my first time. Most the names are of members I never heard of. Second there where exactly 20 threads in the last 7 days because there is so much activity there.

Obviously the topic is interesting to many, and it certainly affects sportscards.

This place has really gone downhill, or I guess I had blinders on my first three years. It's like there are a bunch just waiting to pounce on a thread, member, topic, really anything that they can get negative about. And for the most part they have been booted off or are disliked. Typically the same old peeps, same old story.

And those same old people that are here rarely start threads, post cards, get involved in group rips, subs, etc.

I can't believe when someone posts a card or collection, or anything they got in the mail or won at auction, that there are always people pointing out what's wrong with it, or it was over paid, the corner looks touched, etc. Mind boggling really.

If you don't like a thread move along, it is quite easy I do it all the time. I do however try to post positive things especially when someone is sharing something they just won or received.

Okay that's all.

Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159

<< <i>The reality is hardly anyone goes over to the Sports talk forum. You know when I did? Today my first time. Most the names are of members I never heard of. Second there where exactly 20 threads in the last 7 days because there is so much activity there. >>

Did you ever think that the reason there's no traffic on the Sports Talk Forum is because people like you always post your Sports Talk topics on the wrong forum?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The reality is hardly anyone goes over to the Sports talk forum. You know when I did? Today my first time. Most the names are of members I never heard of. Second there where exactly 20 threads in the last 7 days because there is so much activity there. >>

Did you ever think that the reason there's no traffic on the Sports Talk Forum is because people like you always post your Sports Talk topics on the wrong forum? >>

I will make sure Craig not to post anything about sports unless it's card specific on this forum. Very sorry for the disturbance and ignorance on my behalf.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    D-bag alert
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    This seems to be carryover for the 27 cent dispute, apparently because miconelegacy has a link to probstein's auctions at the bottom of his posts.
  • Options
    The alts must be Heat fans
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options

<< <i>An alt to the rescue! lol >>

How do you know this person is an alt? Please elaborate.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    Maurice those are my consignments that Rick is selling for me. I've had a link for over a year.

I don't think it has anything to do with .27, me, really anything.

This forum since I joined has always been about 50% card topics, 45% sports, and 5% other. I personally enjoy all the threads as do most. Soliciting sales I think should have its own place and doesn't belong here.

What needs to be done to make it compliant? Add so do you think Lebrons cards are going to go down? Are you a Celtic collector? Have you seen Rondo's cards go up over the last 6 months?

As long as the posts aren't bogging down the first page, and the same person doesn't have several non card threads going it shouldn't be an issue. You'll rarely hear someone complain about that here.

Again on any given day about half the threads aren't exactly card specific.

Anyway I've typed way too much on this, but I think most would agree. Really it doesn't matter it will just turn into a pizzing match.

I have no issues with Gumby never have.

Enjoy the rest of your day! image
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>

Did you ever think that the reason there's no traffic on the Sports Talk Forum is because people like you always post your Sports Talk topics on the wrong forum? >>

Always?? Dude, there's like 10 threads TOTAL on pages one and two combined that are non-card. Hardly a traffic-changer.
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options
    Such babies. This thread is fine.

I can't believe I'm saying this but.......Go Boston!

I've hated The Heat since the Mourning/PJ Brown days, and I hope they never win anything ever again.....EVER!

• Options
    If the Heat NEVER win a championship I will be very happy (never being as long as the top three 'take my failure to south beach' 5 ... 6 ... 7 championship talking stuff) Am also rooting for Boston, though not a fan at all of them.

Just beat the Heat, anyone.
  • Options
    If miconelegacy start a thread it can never be off topic even if it is about his latest trip to the supermarket.

We must all bow to him.

+1 to myself.
  • Options
    Am concerned for the Celts. After being spanked at home in game 6 they need a miracle.

Excited either way... Love the playoffs!

And to keep it card related if Miami wins tonight, Lebrons card will hit some of his old levels back when he was in Cleveland.

Enjoy the game!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    Enjoying the start - as I type this, it's 23-14 Boston. Let's hope this quick start can hold up for the C's - a trip to the Finals is a perfect ending for this last stand for the Big 3!
  • Options

<< <i>Enjoying the start - as I type this, it's 23-14 Boston. Let's hope this quick start can hold up for the C's - a trip to the Finals is a perfect ending for this last stand for the Big 3! >>

+1!!!!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    Sports Talk RULES in this forum Mr. ilLegacy. You question, then quickly join in when beat.