Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Sterling Sports Auctions Question...UPDATED GREAT SERVICE

Has anyone else had issue with them not mailing your items after payment?

I won and paid for 2 items via paypal for $109 on 5/19 and have not received them as of 6/4. This is the 2nd time this happened. It previously happened on the purchase of my Cy Young T206 and 1938 Sammy Baugh Dixie Lid cards for $309 several auctions back. I had to email them several weeks after payment and then they expedited them.

I have sent an email on this order but was just wondering if anyone else has had issues not getting items in a timely manner from them. I would hate to buy another high dollar item and have it never show up. I really like their format and many of the items they sell but am beginning to have some concerns.

I just wanted to post the email response I got from Sterling. Very fast and obviously they take customer concerns seriously and address them like pros....

Hi Eloy,

Thank you for your email. I apologize for the inconvenience on this order. I don't know why your order did not show up as paid and ready for shipping especially since I use the Paypal shipping software everyday which streamlines all my orders into an easy to use shipping center. Either way, your cards are packed up and ready to ship out via USPS Priority (91011501347xxxxxxxxx). I also issued you a refund via Paypal for the buyer's premium since I did not provide the level of service that I expect from myself and that my customers have come to expect. I appreciate your participation in the auctions and hope we'll do more business down the road.

If you need anything, please don't hesitate to call or email.

Thank you,

Brian Dwyer
Sterling Sports Auctions

845-849-1276

Hook'em

Comments

• bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I have NEVER had a problem with Sterling Auctions. Are you paying with Paypal? Sterling is one of the fastest shippers for my stuff....
  • heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    I have had great luck with them. I'm sure it will all work out for you.

Good Luck
  • lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    I would be surprized if you did not get a fast response to your email.

Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    I just went back to see from which auctions I won items. They were #1, #6 and #9. Never any high end items ... my largest invoice was $100.00. I paid right away and my cards were sent ASAP.

Sorry you are having a problem.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Brian is top notch...Try contacting him.
  • hookemhookem Posts: 971 ✭✭

<< <i>I have NEVER had a problem with Sterling Auctions. Are you paying with Paypal? Sterling is one of the fastest shippers for my stuff.... >>

Yes paying with PayPal.

Guys, just to be clear, I was 90% sure they would be on top of it. I just wanted to make sure this wasn't a common problem that no one was mentioning.

Hook'em

<< <i>Brian is top notch...Try contacting him. >>

Good to hear. Just sent an email to the info@sterling addy. Thx.
    Hook'em
  • heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    << Brian is top notch...Try contacting him. >>

+1

He Really is!!! Brian is a good young man!!
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Never had a problem with Brian- I'd give him a call.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• 70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭
    Never had any issues.

Dave
  • JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    Brian does a good job.
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Sterling Auctions are absolutely top notch
    and Brian is one of the most respected people in our hobby.

Sorry that this happened to you,
    but I'm betting that it will be resolved to your satisfaction very quickly.
    Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    Brian runs one of the best consignment sites in the hobby.
    I've always received super fast shipping and his shipping
    rates are by far the most reasonably priced in the hobby.

I'm sure he'll resolve the issue quickly.
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I've always had top notch service from Brian, both as a buyer and as a consignor.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Bringing this one to the top so the edited first post doesn't go unnoticed. Brian Dwyer is good people.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Glad to see that Brian did the right thing. How many other Auction Houses would give you back the buyer's premium because of the shipping delay? My guess is not many! Good job Brian!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.

<< <i>Glad to see that Brian did the right thing. How many other Auction Houses would give you back the buyer's premium because of the shipping delay? My guess is not many! Good job Brian! >>

I agree 100%. I did not expect that nor did I ask for anything other than an update on where my cards were. Very good customer service in my opinion.
    Hook'em