Home Sports Talk
Options

Does Albert Pujols deserve to be an All-Star this year?

pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bottom line it wouldnt have mattered if he was hitting .200 and had 4 HR's at the break, he would be considered an All-Star.

He has turned the corner though it seems and has time to make up some ground on his numbers in which case he might anyways and it just might be deserved..
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    I hate to say this but voting for the All Star game is nothing more than a popularity contest so of course he will be on the All Star team.Bet Ya Prince or Kernerko do not make it.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options

<< <i>I hate to say this but voting for the All Star game is nothing more than a popularity contest so of course he will be on the All Star team.Bet Ya Prince or Kernerko do not make it. >>

Prince will probably make it. But I agree Konerko doesn't, and he continues with his hot hitting (currently .366/11/33), it's nothing short of a travesty. Guy hits 400 HR and barely gets ten seconds of non-local media coverage for his efforts.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>I hate to say this but voting for the All Star game is nothing more than a popularity contest so of course he will be on the All Star team.Bet Ya Prince or Kernerko do not make it. >>

yeah, seeing two All-Star First Basemen move from the NL to the AL is really going to make the manager's choices tough this year.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,263 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭
    Arod is closer to the MVP than Pujols is an All Star. His #'s are terribly low. AVG, on base and Slugging % are a joke. Is this even a real question? I mean come on. image
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    It's a popularity contest, so doesn't matter if he's deserving or not.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts