Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anybody heard anything on the quarterly special?

roob47roob47 Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
Hopefully this time it's something for everybody as i have not been able to use it in quite sometime.image thanks in advance for any replies......

Comments

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The current one goes until the end of June. Need to wait another month for the 3rd qtr special.
  • Options
    Omg! I literally thought it was already that time , damn that sucks! Thank you for that image LOL! Maybe I should rename the thread to " what's the price for grading a nice China gold panda valued at under 300.00" as this is what I was waiting for would it go under economy? But then it says non-gold? Also it would have to be submitted under "secure plus" correct?
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Omg! I literally thought it was already that time , damn that sucks! Thank you for that image LOL! Maybe I should rename the thread to " what's the price for grading a nice China gold panda valued at under 300.00" as this is what I was waiting for would it go under economy? But then it says non-gold? Also it would have to be submitted under "secure plus" correct?

World Modern $14 regular holder image

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    Thank you , just now finding this out as well the whole time I'm thinking the coin had to go "secure plus" lol! Guess I'll have to re-do my submission paperwork thanks gang!
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it is one free presidential review!
  • Options
    What would make the most sense from a business point of view is a free cross grade to PCGS from an NGC holder.
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I just received the email:

<<Secure Plus Reholder Submission: Submit four (4) coins and pay for only three (3)

Please follow the guidelines outlined below to ensure your submission is processed in a timely manner.

· Quarterly Special must be submitted on its own submission form
    · Choose $20 Secure Plus Reholder (maximum coin value $20,000)
    · Standard and Secure Plus encapsulated coins are eligible for Secure Plus Reholder service
    · Notate “Quarterly Special” on the Other service level line
    · Include payment for reholder fees (three coins), return shipping fee (four coins), and handling fee
    · Clearly mark the outside of your package CC Special
    · Submission must be postmarked by September 30, 2012

Additional guidelines:

· This offer cannot be combined with any other offer, or submission
    · Quarterly Special submissions are unlimited during 3rd Quarter 2012
    · Valid for Collectors Club members in good standing
    · Turnaround time on submission is approximately 12 business days >>

Let the whining begin!

• Options
    AthenaAthena Posts: 439 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes, I just received the email:

<<Secure Plus Reholder Submission: Submit four (4) coins and pay for only three (3)

Please follow the guidelines outlined below to ensure your submission is processed in a timely manner.

· Quarterly Special must be submitted on its own submission form
    · Choose $20 Secure Plus Reholder (maximum coin value $20,000)
    · Standard and Secure Plus encapsulated coins are eligible for Secure Plus Reholder service
    · Notate “Quarterly Special” on the Other service level line
    · Include payment for reholder fees (three coins), return shipping fee (four coins), and handling fee
    · Clearly mark the outside of your package CC Special
    · Submission must be postmarked by September 30, 2012

Additional guidelines:

· This offer cannot be combined with any other offer, or submission
    · Quarterly Special submissions are unlimited during 3rd Quarter 2012
    · Valid for Collectors Club members in good standing
    · Turnaround time on submission is approximately 12 business days >>

Let the whining begin! >>

• Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this mean a person can send in more than one?

Quarterly Special submissions are unlimited during 3rd Quarter 2012

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Does this mean a person can send in more than one?

Quarterly Special submissions are unlimited during 3rd Quarter 2012

image >>

Sure sounds like it but also sounds like it would need to be done in groups of 4 (paying for 3 at a time, and return postage for the 4) image
    If you have many more multiples, it may behoove you to contact Customer Service and ask them directly. I have found them pretty good to talk to when I have questions.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>What would make the most sense from a business point of view is a free cross grade to PCGS from an NGC holder. >>

I agree, but I just sent them an NGC Morgan MS67 for cross. I saved another 67 for possible cross,but it's CACd. Just not sure if it's worth it.
  • Options
    Funny! That's the first time that I quoted somebody without looking first to see who said it!image That'll teach me.
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    hmmmm
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    rxerrxer Posts: 280 ✭✭
    do you think it can be combined with the attribution service - in other words

submit 4 coins, pay the 3 reholder fees and 4 attribution fees ?
    palmer
  • Options
    WingedLiberty1957WingedLiberty1957 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anybody understand bullet #3 of the special ...

"Standard and Secure Plus encapsulated coins are eligible for Secure Plus Reholder service"

What does this mean?

If you have a PCGS graded coin in a standard (regular) slab, that you get just have it “put in” or "reholdered" in a Secure Plus slab?

I always thought a regular graded coin had to go through the entire PCGS Secure Plus process (get run through the sniffer, etc) in order to get put in a Secure Plus slab.
    What if a regular (standard) graded and slabbed PCGS coin fails the Secure Plus sniffer test?
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can this be combined with a regrade or is this just a re-holder?

i.e., pay for 3 reholders and 4 regrades?

Also, anyone know why the specials are always strict on quantities? Why couldn't it be: Submit 4 or more and get one free? Seems like this would work better for everyone since I might have more than 4 coins to submit and PCGS gets more business.
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old thread Just thought I would add this email response I just got asking if the coins would be considered for upgrade. Thank you for contacting PCGS customer service.

For the current quarterly special, the coins will only be reholder as a secure plus service, they are not going to be considered for upgrades. Coins will only be considered for upgrades when they are submitted under regrades.

Please let me know if I can further assist you.

Thank you,
    ( Wow I really thought about sending in four but just for a reholder without possible upgrade? Guess Not) Enjoy image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file