Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

First Digital Coin Show

If you are headed to the Long Beach show there is a new and really cool app that you have to try.

On any smart phone, or iPad, or whatever, enter m.collectorscorner,com into your browser.

This will bring up a menu through which you can search and display coins that are being offered at the LB show. For example, when I walked in yesterday, before I walked 10 feet, I stopped and searched for all Barber halves being sold at the show. I was presented with a list of different coins, grades, price and the tables where the coins were located! I even selected a couple coins and was presented with photos of that specific coin and more.

This is truly a revolutionary development. No longer do you have to wander up and down the aisles hoping to spot the coin you are looking for. You don't have to worry about finding a coin just after it sold. You can find it instantly!

On Thursday I spoke with two different dealers who had customers come to their table and buy coins that they had found using this new app.

Give it a try. It's free!

Comments

• Options
    HotfootspinHotfootspin Posts: 430 ✭✭
    Very cool! Seems to show only the obverses of the coins, though.

Thanks,
    Mark
    The Secret Of Success Law:
    Discover all unpredictable errors before they occur.
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    very interesting

is it all the coins or just some?

LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 2,880

That is absolutely amazing!
    Every man is a self made man.
  • Options
    AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    Very cool concept.
    Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>very interesting

is it all the coins or just some? >>

I am sure, at most, it's just for Collectors Corner dealers. Yep, it's an interesting concept. I am not quite sure how much use it will get as a mobile app, but it is neat.
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be better if you just put RFID chips in all the slabs. This existing system requires all the dealers to manually enter their inventory.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well glad I did not miss a coin I really wanted as I could not make the show. And by looking quickly over morning coffee what I want right now is not there. So I'll go take the dog for a walk.
    Have a great day at the show guy & gals.
  • Options
    HighReliefHighRelief Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saves a lot of time when you are looking for that special coin. So will this be at all the major coin shows from now on, or just LB?
  • Options
    HotfootspinHotfootspin Posts: 430 ✭✭
    I viewed this on my home computer. It's big, but I can see how it would show up nicely
    on a small screen like my wife's iPhone or my Droid phone.

I also note how the coins I'm most interested in are being sold by one of my favorite
    sellers, Type Coin Company. It's good to know that the little guys can get in on this,
    as well as the big dealers.

Thanks,
    Mark
    The Secret Of Success Law:
    Discover all unpredictable errors before they occur.
  • Options
    DrPeteDrPete Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭
    The recent PCGS video with David Hall talks about the Baltimore show and the expected impact of the new technology on helping find coins quickly that are already listed on Collector's Corner.

Mr Hall made nice comments about several dealers, including my favorite dealer, Harry Laibstain. Seems like a great concept to be able to search the inventory of dealers at a big show to help you focus on which tables you want to visit. I only see this as a growth area, for its convenience.
    Dr. Pete

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file