Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

FSH: PSA 2 '54 Banks Rookie - Sold

Selling the PSA 2 '54 Banks rookie pictured below:

This card features dynamite centering and corners and would probably grade in the PSA 7-8 range if not for a small crimp near Ernie's ear along the left border (visible on both sides). There's also some minor toning at the top left. Price is $400 delivered via check, money order or Pay Pal gift. The first two are preferred.

Now, let me be clear that I am not saying, "Hey, buy this and send it in for a bump!" I've been told (here, the last time I offered this card) that other reputable grading companies may view the crimp less harshly than PSA, but I have no reason to think this would come back higher than a PSA 2 on a re-grade. What I am clearly saying is that, minus the crimp, this card looks like a nice PSA 7 or 8. There are also no creases or wrinkles.

Also, for those of you who will ask why my asking price is so sky high for a PSA 2, the answer is simple. I paid $436 for this card at auction on eBay in 2/10. So I'm starting a little less than what the market beared then. I'm well aware of what VCP is for a 2, 3, 4, 5, etc.

So, to summarize, if you're all about the technical grade (not that there's anything wrong with that), this is not the card for you. If it's eye appeal you're after, well this might be up your alley. No trade or lowball offers please. PM if interested. Thanks!!!

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."

Comments

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭✭
    Andy

That card is a doberman in a pug case

Good luck. beauty for sure
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    I cant see the pics?
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭
    Pics are up. Are you browsing through your phone? Maybe they're too large to view.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
    Im using ie...let me try firefox.
    Firefox works...Is the paper torn or is it just an impression?

<< <i>Firefox works...Is the paper torn or is it just an impression? >>

The answer below (courtesy of KbKards the last time I offered the Banks here 2 years ago) should help:

<< <i>The crease at the edge is actually a small pinch and rip of the paper from when the card was made. To PSA this technically warrants a 2 but to most buyers and sellers of the card in raw shape they'll value the card at an EX level with full knowledge of the nature of the defect. If you want a great looking banks rookie for the money this one will blow away what you see in most 5 and 6 grade holders. It's very possible that another grading company could judge the defect with less impact on the overall grade. >>

• MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    PM Sent
    Sold!
    Congrats...that will be an awesome card to get signed.
  • I was thinking the same thing. A great card to get signed.