Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Does the coloring on this Jordan look right??

...or does this card look like a fake??

Comments

• Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    That is from a PWCC ebay auction? They say it is altered.

I thought the color was off.
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    The color is so off, it looks like a fake.
  • Options
    The color is off. I would like to see a scan of the back. Two weeks ago I was in a book store that sells cards and the elderly lady that owns the store had an awesome Jordan rookie in the case for $350. I thought I had stumbled upon a treasure since most of the cards she had was still priced from 20+ years ago. I asked if I could look at the Jordan card. The card was nicely centered and the corners were strong but the picture wasn't crisp along with the lettering on the front and back. She had a Walter Davis 86/87 fleer card that I used to compare the lettering. I felt bad informing her that she had a counterfit Jordan. She asked me how I could tell and I showed her what I was looking at and told her to take it to somebody she trusts to get a second opinion on it. She said a guy came in a few weeks earlier and traded it for a bunch of cards.
    Working on 1971 Topps baseball set.
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    A raw PWCC Jordan, should go for only $500-600 image
  • Options

<< <i>A raw PWCC Jordan, should go for only $500-600 >>

I hope that one doesn't. Maybe the consignor is using PWCC to help sell his fake cards? I am 100% sure Brent would not knowingly sell a fake card.
  • Options
    stillyzstillyz Posts: 127
    Something is off with that card.

Check out the color quality to this Jordan card:

It's almost night and day.
    Workin on:71 Topps Baseball, PSA 7 or better, Dan Marino Master Set
    Sportlots inventory:
    splot
    My eBay store:
    ebay
  • Options
    I am just kidding about the price. Seems like PWCC gets great returns on there auctions and I bet it's 100% authentic. Although a raw Jordan is not allowed on ebay I bet it goes for the full 7 days. I listed a ISA 9 86 Jordan for auction and it was pulled by ebay after 12 hours but probstein123 for some reason gets to sell them for 7 days. Guess you have to be a top dog but go figure image
  • Options
    It's authentic.. just a cruddy scan... I've bought many raw jordans off ebay as long it's a half decent scan it's good enough to tell a fake from a real..
  • Options

<< <i>just a cruddy scan >>

PWCC doesn't have cruddy scans. They have some of the best scans on Ebay. The coloring of that card is what you are going to get in the mail. I bet it doesn't pass authentication measures.
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    I would stay away from any high end card that isn't slabbed. It just doesn't make sense for a seller not get it graded unless there was something preventing it from getting slabbed. If it appeared to be a psa 5 raw then I could understand the sellers decision not to have it graded... But not grading a nr-m card is just leaving money on the table and raising red flags
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options

<< <i>I would stay away from any high end card that isn't slabbed. It just doesn't make sense for a seller not get it graded unless there was something preventing it from getting slabbed. If it appeared to be a psa 5 raw then I could understand the sellers decision not to have it graded... But not grading a nr-m card is just leaving money on the table and raising red flags >>

You understand it is being sold as altered?

It tried to get slabbed but somebody had trimmed it.

** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options

<< <i>You understand it is being sold as altered? >>

It is being sold as real and altered, but in my opionion, the card isn't even real. Someone is using PWCC's good name to sell a fake card. A real and altered card would still bring decent money - however a totally fake card shouldn't bring anything!
  • Options

<< <i>

It is being sold as real and altered, but in my opionion, the card isn't even real. Someone is using PWCC's good name to sell a fake card. A real and altered card would still bring decent money - however a totally fake card shouldn't bring anything! >>

It's real... if it's not the scan then it's a plain simple case of the card being off color.. 1986 fleer didn't carry the highest quality standards.. but hey what do I know I'm sure you have handled much more 86 fleers than me..
  • Options

<< <i>

I am 100% sure Brent would not knowingly sell a fake card. >>

Lol thats what you think.
  • Options

<< <i>

It is being sold as real and altered, but in my opionion, the card isn't even real. Someone is using PWCC's good name to sell a fake card. A real and altered card would still bring decent money - however a totally fake card shouldn't bring anything! >>

I have encountered several fakes in my time, pulled three from packs and the color is not the problem with most fakes.

Again, I trust it came back from a 3rd party as altered. If I bought it and it was fake I would get a refund. However, just because the color is off on a card does not always make it fake in my opinion.

Just my opinion.
  • Options

<< <i>Again, I trust it came back from a 3rd party as altered >>

If it came back as altered, where is the PSA "Altered" slip?? He is selling a 1941 Joe Dimaggio with the altered slip. I see no such thing with the Jordan.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Again, I trust it came back from a 3rd party as altered >>

If it came back as altered, where is the PSA "Altered" slip?? He is selling a 1941 Joe Dimaggio with the altered slip. I see no such thing with the Jordan. >>

Bobby, that is a good point.

The fakes are well centered and so is this one.

I would like to see it in person.

You have me thinking more about it now.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I am 100% sure Brent would not knowingly sell a fake card. >>

Lol thats what you think. >>

17,000 stars at 100% + feedback and he is going to risk his business for a $300 profit on a fake Jordan? No way.
  • Options

<< <i>17,000 stars at 100% + feedback and he is going to risk his business for a $300 profit on a fake Jordan? No way. >>

The fakes are good. No way would Brent knowingly sell a fake. I swear, at a local card show, I saw a fake Jordan in an SGC slab. The card looked fake and the SGC label looked fake. The slab looked real. I would be willing to venture that the Jordan rookie is the most faked card out there.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>17,000 stars at 100% + feedback and he is going to risk his business for a $300 profit on a fake Jordan? No way. >>

The fakes are good. No way would Brent knowingly sell a fake. I swear, at a local card show, I saw a fake Jordan in an SGC slab. The card looked fake and the SGC label looked fake. The slab looked real. I would be willing to venture that the Jordan rookie is the most faked card out there. >>

+1
    Working on 1971 Topps baseball set.