Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Question regarding Jefferson Nickels !!!

Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have the (2) following Jefferson Nickels.
1956 NGC Proof 69 Cameo and
1957 NGC Proof 69 Cameo. Can any one
please tell me what these are worth ?

Thanks,
Timbuk3

Comments

• Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    I'm finding that using the "Auction Prices Realized" found on our hosts web site very useful for determining a coin's value.
    Paul
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NGC uses numismedia.com for its retail price guide. Here's the page for proof Jeffersons.

I see $600 & $510. Of course those are just guidelines. They're worth what they sell for.
    Lance.
  • Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like Lance said, they're worth what they sell for. If you're planning on going to a coin shop to sell them, don't expect anywhere near what the price guides say they are worth. It's not that the dealer is trying to rip you off (in most cases), it's that they don't feel someone will walk in off the street to pay big $$ for them. If the dealer has a customer for them, and is honest, then you might do better. If you were to consign to an auction where there were collectors needing those for their registry sets, you'd most likely do a lot better.
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm finding that using the "Auction Prices Realized" found on our hosts web site very useful for determining a coin's value. >>

These are for PCGS coins usually, and historically,at least for moderns, there is a much larger PCGS premium.
  • Options

<< <i>NGC uses numismedia.com for its retail price guide. Here's the page for proof Jeffersons.

I see $600 & $510. Of course those are just guidelines. They're worth what they sell for.
    Lance. >>

Numismedia is fairly high on these. Usually you can expect 60-80% of Numismedia FMV as the retail value.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm finding that using the "Auction Prices Realized" found on our hosts web site very useful for determining a coin's value. >>

These are for PCGS coins usually, and historically,at least for moderns, there is a much larger PCGS premium. >>

Nope. The "Auction Prices Realized", if he is referring to the same that I see when I use coinfacts and such, will state which auction, and grade, and TPGS, that that type of coin sold for, and when.
    I have found it useful. Though, for much of what I am looking for, I do look for PCGS and there are usually not many PCGS ones listed (I am not after the most commonly sold coin/grade).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    'sight un-seen' which is what you are offering will generally sell for less the FMV (Fair Market Value) because eye appeal (visual) does not become a factor, your buying a label and not the coin.
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file