Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA set registry deadline is today.

Anyone have any last minute additions/up-grades to their sets?

I noticed nothing myself, as I have nothing major to add to any of my paltry sets. image

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.

Comments

• Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    I was able to pick up a 1989 UD Griffey Jr. PSA 10 the other day to finally complete my Griffey Jr. Rookie Set... but failed to find a 1990 Bowman Sosa 10 to complete his RC set.
  • Options
    JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    That 90 Bowman Sosa is tough in a 10. I picked one up last year, but it has a pop 61 or something last time I checked.

There's a blue dot in the sky to the left of his head that occures as a print defect that gets it holdered as a 9 most often.

I ended up finishing my Manny Ramirez Rookie Set. I missed a PWCC auction that had basically everything that ended for 58ish dollars. That buyer ended up selling the Pinnacle PSA 10 to me for 34.00. That Pinnacle card is pretty tough and a pop 133ish.

EDIT: And I have a surprise coming later for another set. image

Justin
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a bunch to add but they won't put me at #1 on any of my sets. That's not really my goal anyway. So the deadline doesn't mean too much to me.
  • Options
    Just made my last update.

Moved to Rank 1 in the Eddie Mathews Master Set. I waited until today to publish the Bill Bob Mathews that upgraded my 3(MK) to a 4, and also my 1961 Bazooka Panel that upgraded my 4(MK) to an 8. I'm still lacking 4 items in the set to move to 100%, but finding those items is pretty hard to do.

Eddie is my favorite player to ever play, so I'm pretty stoked about this.

Justin
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Just made the necessary updates to be #1 on the Dick Butkus basic set.
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just made my last update.

Moved to Rank 1 in the Eddie Mathews Master Set. I waited until today to publish the Bill Bob Mathews that upgraded my 3(MK) to a 4, and also my 1961 Bazooka Panel that upgraded my 4(MK) to an 8. I'm still lacking 4 items in the set to move to 100%, but finding those items is pretty hard to do.

Eddie is my favorite player to ever play, so I'm pretty stoked about this.

Justin >>

Nice set .... I should upload pics to my sets as that is a nice touch
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 new items and 3 upgrades recently. Unfortunately I am stuck at #2 in the Killebrew registry.

I was at #1 for about a week and then was obliterated by the current #1 guy. At least I have a higher % of the total cards. His grades are quite impressive.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BBG that is awesome!!
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My #1 for 1979 Topps Baseball held up!

First (and last) #1 company set I'll probably ever have so image >>

That takes dedication ...
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    bbuckner22bbuckner22 Posts: 1,028
    I still can't catch Sonny with my 1983 Topps set, but I'm gaining ground.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    I know the guy who just got the top spot for the 1948 Swell Sports Thrills set. Very happy for him. Great guy and great set!

Good to see him take the top spot as it is well deserved!

#1 Swell Set

aconte
  • Options

<< <i>My #1 for 1979 Topps Baseball held up!

First (and last) #1 company set I'll probably ever have so image >>

Totally awesome, BBG!

What makes me laugh is the guys in the number 4 spot. "Bill's 401(k) Plan" lol

Justin
  • Options
    Congrats to all board members who achieve a #1 ranking. It's a huge step up in investment to get to the top spot. It usually means your set has to have several 1 of 1's.
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    i inadvertently killed a guys run of "year wins" by knocking his % down under 95%

not on purpose, just worked out that way
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Thank you gemint! Mine does.....
  • Options
    LarryPLarryP Posts: 339 ✭✭
    I wanna brag/share my set too .... 1977 Topps FB

I picked up the 4 cards below to make the final jump up to #1 and broke the 9.0 avg grade.

Thanks,
    -Larry

Upgrading: Nothing!

Selling: Everything!
    eBay Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>I wanna brag/share my set too .... 1977 Topps FB

I picked up the 4 cards below to make the final jump up to #1 and broke the 9.0 avg grade.

Thanks,
    -Larry
    >>

Congrats. That's one of my favorite football sets, especially the Steelers cards. I bought the set from Renata Galasso in 1977 for about $10. I still have the set but it's nowhere near mint condition. Do you have an unopened pack to go along with the set?
  • Options
    LarryPLarryP Posts: 339 ✭✭
    One of my favorite sets as well; it has been really fun to put it together as well.

Of course, I have a few packs here are some of my self-submitted graded packs.

The Steelers and Cowboys cards are some of the hardest ones to get in this set. Always someone willing to outbid you.
    I really wish, I could find a few $10 sets!!!

Thanks again,
    -Larry

imageimage
    Upgrading: Nothing!

Selling: Everything!
    eBay Auctions
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Larry, nice job!
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    Larry, that is AWESOME!!!