Home Precious Metals
Options

Went to Bullion Express in Buckhead/ATL

DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
So my usual guy is closed this week for jury duty so I took a trip to Bullion Express in Atlanta yesterday afternoon. Didn't know what to expect.

Place is nice, spread out, with a very professional banker-type upscale feel to it. Buckhead is the banking/finance sector of Atlanta, so it fit in.

About half of the store is dedicated to gold/silver/plat and the other half is jewelry. Lots of 'used' rolex/tag/etc, tons of rings and bracelets. Monitors scattered around the place with the forex spot prices updating constantly.

The metals displays are pretty cool. Glass boxes/cases holding all of the stuff they sell. Old gold coins, bars, a couple silver 100ozers in a case (1 poured and 1 extruded Englehard), maple leaf lunch box, the 'generic' silver and gold stuff. Etc etc.

Generic silver bars and rounds we $0.89 over. Maples were $2.50 over, ASE $3.50. AGE were $80 over, fractionals were $30-50 over, same with Maples, same with all the government gold basically. The 'generic' house brand gold was $24 over for 1oz bars. I believe they get them branded after refining, at least I think that's what they guy said.

They had a bag of mixed 90% halves, said they go coinflation +1xface on those and all 90 basically.

They had about 2.5 rolls of Maples in the lunch box display, I snagged some of those and 1 ASE all 2012 with spot under $28. No tax, and since I almost got a full roll he threw in the maple tube. I was satisfied.

My local guy has been light on straight bullion this year, I usually get .90 from him or if he's got some ASEs or Libertads or whatever around I'll get those.

For the prices though, without shipping or CC fee or whatever from the online sites I felt it was pretty good. Plus local to me when I have to go down to the office, so I could swing by there anytime. And with a long time friend of mine managing one of the Irish pubs across the street, a pitstop for a couple Boddingtons was a nice finish to the silver day.

They have a store in Chicago too I believe.

Comments

• Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭

Good report DB. Nice to hear a local store has a good selection at good prices. I love no sales tax on coins/bullion in Ga. My local dealer in Statesboro, Ga was closed yesterday for vacation.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was a tad surprised at the silver premiums being very competitive actually. Buckhead rent, on 5500 square feet, has got to be ridiculous. I didn't ask their buy prices, but I saw a couple of them quick on the monitors when they were getting my total. Looked like spot minus a buck or 2 on silver and spot minus ~$50 on 1oz AGE/etc.

And all of the old gold was raw. Had some nice looking indians and saints and pesos in store, priced about the same as the AGEs.