Home Sports Talk
Options

Stern is a sleezeball

jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
Wow, what a coincidence....David Stern finds a sucker to buy the Hornets, and somehow that team ends up with Anthony Davis. It's borderline criminal how Stern runs his league.

Comments

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Reason # 1,495 the NBA lost this die-hard fan years ago.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Funny thing is people would be saying the same thing if the Nets won
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474

<< <i>Funny thing is people would be saying the same thing if the Nets won >>

or if Cleveland won the year after James left
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    NamesJayNamesJay Posts: 327 ✭✭
    Has anybody ever come up with a legitimate reason why the lottery should be held "behind closed doors" ?
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Has anybody ever come up with a legitimate reason why the lottery should be held "behind closed doors" ? >>

linky dinky
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Funny thing is people would be saying the same thing if the Nets won >>

Funny thing is, it's not just random people on the internet saying it was rigged - there's NBA execs themselves that are saying it.

Tabe
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    The NBA has the worst reputation of most professional sports.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The NBA has the worst reputation of most professional sports. >>

But that has little or nothing to do with the commissioner. Its a league full of players that most people are indifferent toward. Most folks just don't care about the NBA.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>the nba is a business and, like any business, it wants to make money and be successful.

remember this, and nothing stern does should surprise you. nothing. >>

This is correct, but it also strikes at the heart of what confuses me about sports business. If the NBA itself is a business, then doesn't that mean that the individual teams are part of that single business? And if they are, then the concept of collusion can't exist, can it?
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq