Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

63, 64, or 65 1921 Peace?

So the seller paid 64 money. The strike looks like a monster 65-66 strike. Sure there is something holding this coin back. Is this hammer price solely on the strike? I am guessing so but the buyer may hope for an upgrade im sure.

ebay link

Comments

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Photos aren't good enough to really tell. Looks like there may be issues with the neck (especially) and cheek.

It does look like a nice strike but I wouldn't gamble on a higher grade based on the photos.
    Lance.
  • Options
    MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like high point and some light field wear. A lack of complete luster is what I wager held the coin back.

That's quite a strike though.

I think the price is a bit steep.
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • Options
    TinyTiny Posts: 2,598

It is a nice coin and in what looks like fairly new PCGS plastic but to bid maybe 30 to 35 percent
    over GS Ask but in line with PCGS price guide of $500. is beyond me. What I like is the buck 95
    for shipping for a $500 plus coin when I see auctions wanting 5 to 10 dollars for a $29.95 coin. image
    vaya con dios buyer it's what they want and it is a nice coin but like said, tuff to tell from pics.

• Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can really dress a coin up photo wise with angled shots and a point and shoot camera.

Take a good look at all of the sellers images as not a single pic is shot straight on.
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely love a solid strike on 21s, but a coin has to have the other qualities too. From what I can tell on this particular issue the TPGs put surfaces, luster, and eye appeal well ahead of strike. This coin is nice, but not as nice as the sale price was for the seller.
  • Options
    I thought it went a little high myself. Tracked it to see what effect strike would have on it. But yes the pics are kindy spotty and concealing.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the coin and grade it the price paid.

peacockcoins

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file