Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

On the streets of NYC....

heavymetalheavymetal Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭
I have recently started working part time as a bus driver. Many times I drop my passengers off in NYC and then find a place to park while waiting for the people's show or whatever to end. The other night I was parked downtown and a knock came on the bus door. A man was standing there with what appeared to be about 9 Morgan Dollars shrunk sealed in an 8 by 11 sized clear plastic sheet. The man asked me if I wanted to buy some silver coins. Now I know from reading this forum that there are people selling counterfeit silver coins. I simply said to the man, "I am a coin collector." He tilted his head, thought for a moment, and walked away. I believe that by him walking away, he confirmed my suspicion that his coins were fake. I observed him in the bus mirror make a sale to some other guy about half a block down. I wonder just how many people are buying fake coins? HM

Comments

• Options
    NewEnglandRaritiesNewEnglandRarities Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭✭
    I would think that you are correct, they most likely were not good. Anyone who approaches me in the night trying to sell me anything is probably not on the up and up...
    New England Rarities...Dealer In Colonial Coinage and Americana
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that would have been the last thing I would say in that situation
    either fake or stolen or worse
    LCoopie = Les

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file