Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Goldberg Winnings?

I saw Z's nice thaler so thought we shouldn't clog up his thread. Unfortunately for me between the extrmely slow connection at work and the Gldberg system I can't bid live so had to rely on the cheap bids I had put in before the auction started.

I got blown out on a couple of bids but got this Irish piece for cheap I thought. 1805 Ireland 1/2 d in PF65 BN.

Comments

• Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is very cool, Jeff. The reverse harp is something.

Mine again for good order.

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    great coins .......congrats!
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    mnemtsas2mnemtsas2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭
    Successful trades with Syracusian, DeiGratia, LordM, WWW, theboz11, CCC2010, Hyperion, ajaan, wybrit, Dennis88 and many others.
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to get an example from The Dan Holmes Collection and the only one I found appealing and relevant in terms of filling a slot was an 1811 Mo HJ Armored Bust 8 Reales of Ferdinand VII. It doesn't appear to be one of the varieties (overdate, overassayer) and not a mind blowing coin by any means, but I like it and hope it has luster in-hand. It displays some strike weakness, which is not usual for this series. I don't mind it, especially since you can see planchet stress marks from the rollers. Gives it certain character. It's currently residing in an NGC 55 slab.

I didn't run into any issues with their auction software, because I placed an absentee bid in advance.

• Options
    DeiGratiaDeiGratia Posts: 273 ✭✭✭
    Very Nice Pickups.

Love all the coins!!