little bit lower

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭
    $26.76 and not a cent lower! image
    Lincoln Cent & Libertad Collector
  • Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Good! I agree and still buying what I can of this dip.

Today two 10oz silver bars for $564. 4, 1oz prospectors for $29 each.
    Passed up the 100oz engel for $2800, but thinking about doing that tomorrow. 10oz bars have been my biggest bulk amount,
    so I'm thinking one 100oz is ok, if I can move the damm thing when I wish too... Just didn't have the cash ready.
    (getting cash poor, silver rich... but I think that was the plan..)

Didn't find any G today.
    COA
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    im still waiting for $25 or 26. jmo
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Dont bother with 100 oz'ers tneig. Alot of risk tied up in one thing and they're just a slave to whatever Spot is. When it comes time to sell it, you're lucky to get Spot. Stick with 1's, 5's & 10's to get the most premium you can when it comes time to sell
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options

<< <i>Dont bother with 100 oz'ers tneig.

Make friends, before you need them.
    >>

Thank you. You have made a friend.
    COA
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    Next silver purchase will be the ASE SF Anniversary Set.
  • Options

<< <i>Dont bother with 100 oz'ers tneig. Alot of risk tied up in one thing and they're just a slave to whatever Spot is. When it comes time to sell it, you're lucky to get Spot. Stick with 1's, 5's & 10's to get the most premium you can when it comes time to sell >>

That doesnt make sense. You buy the large bars for closer to spot than the smaller coins/bars etc so its a wash!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Dont bother with 100 oz'ers tneig. Alot of risk tied up in one thing and they're just a slave to whatever Spot is. When it comes time to sell it, you're lucky to get Spot. Stick with 1's, 5's & 10's to get the most premium you can when it comes time to sell >>

That doesnt make sense. You buy the large bars for closer to spot than the smaller coins/bars etc so its a wash! >>

You have a valid point.

Another thing to consider is that when you are selling a 100 oz bar, you have to find a buyer that can handle a 100 ozs. Versus, a buyer buying your 1/5/10 oz bars.

At today's spot prices it is clearly easier to come up with 28/190/280 dollars vs 2800 dollars. So your buyers may be more numerous.
    Many buy and sell transactions. Let's talk!
  • Options
    (Price Keep Dropping. Hold that $27 or $26 for a bit longer...)

Yeah, reselling ease is of most importance to me in the next decade or so. I expect some complications already so have to watch I don't make it more difficult. I want some of my sales to be quick and ez and private, and if silver goes up $10oz or more over what I pay, I'll even sell at spot to move something difficult. I'll likely be living 'out in the sticks' by then in retirement time, so less buyers and in person possibilities. Likely be selling back here too.

ps, yesterdays picks:

COA
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect the price of silver will continue to drop at least for a little while longer. My criteria is based on the number of emails I get from the big PM dealers; I am still getting quite a few specials and discount offers showing up in my inbox. I noticed in the past that these offers sure seem to be more prominent right before the price of silver starts a downward trend and continue during the downward trend. The Big Boys have pretty good knowledge of where the market is headed. When those specials dry up, that may be the time to purchase in earnest. Meanwhile, never hurts to add a little here and there if a good opportunity presents itself.
    ----- kj
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Speaking from personal experience, it's easier to sell 10 10oz'ers than 1 100 oz'er. Trying to BUY the 10's as close to Spot (with selling them in mind) is the trick.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    word is the tax man is interested in it more if you deal with the 100 oz's. its just easier to deal with the 10 oz's
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see $23.00 or lower is not out of the question !!!
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks like metal spot decoupled from equities today, let's hope it holds.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I 100X disagree about the 100 ozers where I live. They are always in demand I've always found them ULTRA EASY to sell whether selling 1 or 5 at a time. Less premium erosion as there is hardly any premium on the buy side. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id love to see it get to under $20 for awhile, in which case I will buy.
  • Options
    UNLVinoUNLVino Posts: 416

<< <i>Id love to see it get to under $20 for awhile, in which case I will buy. >>

Perkdog I love your posts. Mostly because I'm a Bostonian, but secondly your sig line! Oh and you have good things to say occasionally too! image
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    re: ease of selling:

It makes sense to me to buy the most recognizable and most common forms of silver. Whether it's a name brand bar, Silver Eagles, 90% silver or Silver Maples - they are all very standardized with a ready market and easily-checked for current pricing.

Here on the Precious Metals Forum, you will get oohs and ahhs for different and interesting types of bars, but when you sell - you want it quick & easy.

Just my $0.02.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Occasionally? ouch!