Home Precious Metals

Gold or Cash? Stimulus or No?

jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
Gold and stocks would benefit from more QE. Cash would benefit from no more QE and austerity as the watchword.

Does anyone seriously think that there won't be more QE?
Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

Comments

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anymore 'announced' QE? With everything in Europe hasn't the global QE been going on non-stop for a while now? Debt write downs, bond buys/loans, etc.

I just don't see how all the printing can be contained with commodity prices much longer, something has to break.

to add: haven't stopped buying the shiny and don't plan on it.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    world wide presses are getting inked up. Buy ink!

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    world wide presses are getting inked up. Buy ink!

I take that to mean that you shouldn't hold alot of dollars.image

Nobody has to convince me that dollars aren't going to work as a store of value..........but once the print job(s) is/are fait accompli'...........how much credence should one give to the possibility of some nasty actions by TPTB that might hurt precious metals? (I'm not just talking about a deflationary crash here, but of a tax or other counterproductive legal/legislative actions.) Gold can handle a deflation scenario, so I'm really not concerned about that.

I think of cash as a buffer to keep from having to liquidate precious metals in a disadvantageous way if liquidity becomes an issue. Isn't some cash a fairly cheap hedge against government acting stupidly?
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some diversification is a good hedge/insurance against anyone acting stupidly.. including government and other market herds and social mobs

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

<< <i>I take that to mean that you shouldn't hold alot of dollars.image >>

While dollar strength is in the short term picture, dilluting them can only hurt down the road. The smart stacker is currently stacking dollars and getting positioned for the bottom in metals.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>world wide presses are getting inked up. Buy ink! >>

yes, theres plenty of paper and more on order as well
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    The smart stacker is currently stacking dollars and getting positioned for the bottom in metals

It's blanket comments like these that make me rotflmao. Here's why. It implies that anyone doing anything otherwise, is stupid.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
    not stupid, just not as smart. There's a lot of distance between the two.