Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Neutral Feedback ?

Has anyone ever gotten neutral or negative feedback for not leaving the buyer feedback? It just happened to me. Some people just blow my mind.

Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's

Comments

• Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    That is definitely a new one. I am sorry that this happened to you. Some people, you could give them a free card and they would still be unhappy...
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    Yes and if you have evidence showing that is why you got the feedback eBay should jump all over removing it from your feedback.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    I think a friend of mine got the craziest feedback ever. It was quite a few years ago and he sold a movie on DVD to some knucklehead. The guy left him a NEGATIVE and here was the response (Paraphrased):

Purchased the DVD. Seller contacted me right away ... he shipped very fast ... but the movie SUCKED. Waste of money!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>Yes and if you have evidence showing that is why you got the feedback eBay should jump all over removing it from your feedback. >>

This is what he left.

"Product received and shipped quickly, buyer feedback never left"
  • Options
    I have heard of it happening. That's a terrible reason to leave a neutral/negative.
    In the future, just leave positive as soon as the buyer pays. The buyer pretty much has all the power in today's EBay world, so there's really no reason not to.

Personally, when I buy something I don't give a rat's ass whether the seller leaves me feedback or not. Diff'rent strokes to move the world though.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Please out him so we can block. I dont want some fruit leaving me a neutral because of a stupid reason such as that.

I would reply to the person that your feedback is set up to automatically give a postive feedback upon receiving a postive feedback. Since that person didn't leave you a postiive feedback, but instead left you a neutral, no positive feedback will be left for him. In fact, he has just made your block bidder list and you plastered his name on a major card grading forum and he will make most of the major sellers blocked bidder list. That is what I would do......
  • Options

<< <i>Please out him so we can block. I dont want some fruit leaving me a neutral because of a stupid reason such as that.

>>

Member id : howiezeek
  • Options
    bbuckner22bbuckner22 Posts: 1,028
    He left another neutral for a seller stating he never left feedback. Total tool.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    I always leave a positive right after paying....the buyers job is over at that point...the rest is in your hands.

As for leaving feedback when buying....I NEVER leave feedback when someone says they will leave a positive when I leave a positive. In fact, I scrutinize the entire deal much more closely since I feel that the person is in a round-a-bout way, telling me that my feedback will be based on how I leave THEM feedback - THAT is exactly why this whole "You cant leave a buyer feedback" started in the first place....sellers holding feedback hostage because if you left a seller a neg, he would neg you back because you didnt "communicate" the problem. The buyer doesnt HAVE to communicate...he just has to pay.
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>In the future, just leave positive as soon as the buyer pays. The buyer pretty much has all the power in today's EBay world, so there's really no reason not to. >>

+1

Thanks for outing the buyer ... blocked! >>

Devil's advocate time. BUyer is most likely a tool, but just in case he's not:

We were all low feedback guys once, and maybe I just am too steeped in the "old Ebay world".

If a seller doesn't leave feedback when the buyer does his job correctly and completely by paying, then why should the buyer consider the seller as having done his part completely in the transaction? That street goes both ways.

Nowadays, I'm just happy when I get what I paid for in a timely manner and always leave seller feedback when that happens, and could really care les if the seller leaves me any. But I wasn't always that way.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    prthdprthd Posts: 1,323
    this is the response i got from him about an hour ago.

well, then learn how to use ebay properly, when someone pays promptly, leave feeback. You had obviously neglected to do so and had forgotten...therefore you didnt DESERVE positive feeback. sorry pal. my standards are high. feedback is THE MOST important ascpect of someone starting out on ebay. treat them with respect and the same will be done for you. Im out of the sports memorablia buying trade anyway..you had almosst three weeks to leave feedback. get your act together - howiezeek

..this guy is wrapped a little to tight also.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    I just clicked on his feedback left for others and all I see is positives

• Options
    bbuckner22bbuckner22 Posts: 1,028
    I always leave feedback for all of my buyers. However, since I'm not set up to have it left automatically when I receive a payment, sometimes it takes around two weeks to catch up after an auction. You would not beleive the amount of messages I get from buyers asking where their feedback is. Since a seller cannot leave anything but a positive for a buyer, how important is buyer feedback these days now anyway?

I called the buyer who left the neutral for the OP a tool in an earlier post. I take that back, he is the whole tool box.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i> well, then learn how to use ebay properly, when someone pays promptly, leave feeback. You had obviously neglected to do so and had forgotten...therefore you didnt DESERVE positive feeback. sorry pal. my standards are high. feedback is THE MOST important ascpect of someone starting out on ebay. treat them with respect and the same will be done for you. Im out of the sports memorablia buying trade anyway..you had almosst three weeks to leave feedback. get your act together - howiezeek >>

I don't have a huge issue with the general philosophy there. The part that seems grossly unfair is that he didn't reach out to you at all before leaving a neutral. It seems like common courtesy to give someone a chance to fix a problem you have with a transaction.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options

<< <i>I just clicked on his feedback left for others and all I see is positives >>

He left someone else a neutral too Zep.
  • Options

<< <i>I just clicked on his feedback left for others and all I see is positives >>

Ebay removed it because it violated their policy. They also removed the other guys neutral feedback left by the guy.
  • Options
    TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Ebay removed it because it violated their policy. They also removed the other guys neutral feedback left by the guy. >>

I guess someone sane works at eBay.

Well done!

I love how a guy with a 17 is telling people how to leave feedback... it is probably someone who has been on eBay for a long time and this is a new account...
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Ebay removed it because it violated their policy. They also removed the other guys neutral feedback left by the guy. >>

Glad to hear this! You should send him a response to that pompous BS email he sent you about feedback, and ask him, "I can't see your feedback anymore, was wondering if you knew what happened to it?" LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    << well, then learn how to use ebay properly, when someone pays promptly, leave feeback. You had obviously neglected to do so and had forgotten...therefore you didnt DESERVE positive feeback. sorry pal. my standards are high. feedback is THE MOST important ascpect of someone starting out on ebay. treat them with respect and the same will be done for you. Im out of the sports memorablia buying trade anyway..you had almosst three weeks to leave feedback. get your act together - howiezeek >>

You should tell him "Sorry pal, but ebay agreed with me that you're an idiot, and they removed your feedback. Maybe you should get your act together and learn how to leave feedback without violating ebay's policy."
  • Options
    This is what I responded to him. I also asked ebay to remove the other neutral he left for the other seller.

You sir are a tool. You talk about treating people with respect, why not email me and ask "would you please leave me + feedback for the item I won off of you, thanks" but no you want to act like your a eBay God. You can take your high standards and shove them straight up your tight little a$$. As for your feedback you left, it violates ebays policy and was removed, as was the other seller you felt like bantering. Im glad your done buying cards because people like you dont deserve this hobby.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not suprising that those who mostly sell see things differently than those who buy. The gentleman who left the neutral is not completely without merit. He could have left a positive and worded it exactly as he did and he would have been correct. I believe the comments of mtcards are right on the money.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

<< <i>I always leave a positive right after paying....the buyers job is over at that point...the rest is in your hands.

As for leaving feedback when buying....I NEVER leave feedback when someone says they will leave a positive when I leave a positive. In fact, I scrutinize the entire deal much more closely since I feel that the person is in a round-a-bout way, telling me that my feedback will be based on how I leave THEM feedback - THAT is exactly why this whole "You cant leave a buyer feedback" started in the first place....sellers holding feedback hostage because if you left a seller a neg, he would neg you back because you didnt "communicate" the problem. The buyer doesnt HAVE to communicate...he just has to pay. >>

The buyer should give feedback first. If the buyer wants positive feedback he should ask for it.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I always leave a positive right after paying....the buyers job is over at that point...the rest is in your hands.

As for leaving feedback when buying....I NEVER leave feedback when someone says they will leave a positive when I leave a positive. In fact, I scrutinize the entire deal much more closely since I feel that the person is in a round-a-bout way, telling me that my feedback will be based on how I leave THEM feedback - THAT is exactly why this whole "You cant leave a buyer feedback" started in the first place....sellers holding feedback hostage because if you left a seller a neg, he would neg you back because you didnt "communicate" the problem. The buyer doesnt HAVE to communicate...he just has to pay. >>

The buyer should give feedback first. If the buyer wants positive feedback he should ask for it. >>

Wha?? the buyer has one job in the transaction - to pay for the item. When that is complete, the seller should acknowledge that. Any other policy is poor Ebay customer service in my book. Are you going to get the occasional buyer that treats you bad? Yeah, but witholding feedback doesn't do anything to stop that.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

The buyer should give feedback first. If the buyer wants positive feedback he should ask for it. >>

Wha?? the buyer has one job in the transaction - to pay for the item. When that is complete, the seller should acknowledge that. Any other policy is poor Ebay customer service in my book. Are you going to get the occasional buyer that treats you bad? Yeah, but witholding feedback doesn't do anything to stop that. >>

The op did nothing wrong. Ebay agreed by removing the buyers feedback. The op did good by not leaving positive for an idiot.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    Wha?? the buyer has one job in the transaction - to pay for the item. When that is complete, the seller should acknowledge that. Any other policy is poor Ebay customer service in my book. Are you going to get the occasional buyer that treats you bad? Yeah, but witholding feedback doesn't do anything to stop that. >>

The op did nothing wrong. Ebay agreed by removing the buyers feedback. The op did good by not leaving positive for an idiot. >>

Not sure I'd use an Ebay decision as proof positive of anything. Anyway, all they decided was that the feedback the buyer left was inappropriate, which I agree with 100%.

But, that had nothing to do with my position on whether or not the seller should have left feedback from the start. The buyer did NOTHING wrong PRIOR TO leaving the neutral; the seller did, IMO, do something wrong PRIOR TO receiving the neutral. In my book, this is nothing different than sellers who used to hold buyer feedback hostage until you left positive for them.

Sellers - leave feedback when your buyers pay. There is ZERO reason not to. It's also the right thing to do.
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forget feedback, my only concern is quick shipping and receiving the item as described. I don't need an A+++++++++ to enhance that.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

The op did nothing wrong. Ebay agreed by removing the buyers feedback. The op did good by not leaving positive for an idiot. >>

Not sure I'd use an Ebay decision as proof positive of anything. Anyway, all they decided was that the feedback the buyer left was inappropriate, which I agree with 100%.

But, that had nothing to do with my position on whether or not the seller should have left feedback from the start. The buyer did NOTHING wrong PRIOR TO leaving the neutral; the seller did, IMO, do something wrong PRIOR TO receiving the neutral. In my book, this is nothing different than sellers who used to hold buyer feedback hostage until you left positive for them.

Sellers - leave feedback when your buyers pay. There is ZERO reason not to. It's also the right thing to do. >>

If you think op DID do something wrong by not leaving feedback first, then please give your ebay username so we can all block you.
  • Options

<< <i>If you think op DID do something wrong by not leaving feedback first, then please give your ebay username so we can all block you. >>

Anyone who wants to block me over this (or any other issue) can PM me and I will gladly provide my ID. Now or in the future.
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options

<< <i>

Most ridiculous quote of the year
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Most ridiculous quote of the year >>

Yeah...I read it twice because I thought my mind was playing tricks on me.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question for sellers who withhold feedback until received. What is gained by doing this? Seems to me it causes more problems rather than alleviate them. It's not like you can leave a revenge negative to a customer for being unhappy with your service.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

<< <i>Question for sellers who withhold feedback until received. What is gained by doing this? Seems to me it causes more problems rather than alleviate them. It's not like you can leave a revenge negative to a customer for being unhappy with your service. >>

The positive feedback I receive tells me that the buyer is pleased with his product. If I don't receive feedback then it tells me that there might be a problem with the transaction that I need to be aware of. One of the major sellers on Ebay (PWCC) doesn't leave feedback until you leave him one. If you leave him one, then a positive is automatically left for you. I see nothing wrong with that setup.
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Question for sellers who withhold feedback until received. What is gained by doing this? Seems to me it causes more problems rather than alleviate them. It's not like you can leave a revenge negative to a customer for being unhappy with your service. "

In case the buyer tryes to use a negative as blackmail or to try and get a partial refund for whatever reason they have. Leaving feedback first is stupid because the buyer is the only one who can leave a neg now.
    It happens.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Most ridiculous quote of the year >>

Nah, last I checked, leaving feedback on ebay has always been an option. Not mandatory. So in this case, ebay did the correct thing by removing the feedback.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Question for sellers who withhold feedback until received. What is gained by doing this? Seems to me it causes more problems rather than alleviate them. It's not like you can leave a revenge negative to a customer for being unhappy with your service. >>

One of the major sellers on Ebay (PWCC) doesn't leave feedback until you leave him one. If you leave him one, then a positive is automatically left for you. I see nothing wrong with that setup. >>

Correct. Many top-rated sellers have their account set up this way.
  • Options
    Again, feedback is a ridiculous tool in the first place the way its set up.

Withholding feedback does not accomplish anything...the people who are going to get upset about feedback are the ones who have low numbers and need the feedback for their own needs. People with high feedback, in my experience, leave feedback at a much smaller percentage, because FB no longer matters.

As for PPWC leaving feedback when left? That is their choice. To me, it isnt worth the hassle in trying to negotiate "feedback" with someone.

As for feedback being a signal that the transaction went ok? If there was a problem, believe me, YOU would already know about it, feedback or not.

Owning my own business has taught me a lot of things, which apparently do not apply to the ebay business world. The customer is ALWAYS right, regardless. An unhappy customer isnt good for any business...I realize at times, there are difficult customers and if your choice is to not deal with them, you are losing potential customers. Not leaving feedback when paid is, in my opinion, asking for something to go wrong. If given an option, I think feedback for buyers is dumb in the first place since it adds to your overall feedback total......If a guy buys 100 items and pays for them all promptly, gets 100 FB, does that mean he is a good seller? Of course not! But in ebayland, they dont show the difference.

It all comes down to personal preference, but in the end, I dont ever recall a thread where someone said..."I left feedback for someone and they left me a neg/neut for leaving them feedback first"