Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1991 Stadium Club Super Bowl XXVI difference?

Can someone tell me how the 1991 Stadium Club Super Bowl XXVI cards differ from the regular issue?

Did they come in special wax or cellos packs and are those packs marked differently? Thanks!
Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies

Comments

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    They came in clear cellos that were given out at the Super Bowl. The cards have an imprinted stamp at the top which differentiates them.
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    They are not worth that much more then the regular except for one year, 1994 or 1995, I think 1995. That one year there are two versions, a goil foil and another that I guess is almost clear? The later is almost impossible to find and I am unsure how they were issued.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    They are not worth that much more then the regular except for one year, 1994 or 1995, I think 1995. That one year there are two versions, a goil foil and another that I guess is almost clear? The later is almost impossible to find and I am unsure how they were issued.

Those were 1994. The gold stamped were given out as part of the Super Teams promotion- if you turned in a pack pulled 49ers Super Team card then you got a whole set of TSC gold stamped cards. The clear stamped were given out at the NFL Experience show during the Super Bowl, just as they were in 1991. The 1991 Favre sells for about $300.

Lee
  • Options
    That's pretty good on a Favre. I picked up a couple Stadium RC PSA 9's for $35 a couple months ago, I think they have hit their lowest.

Matt (Lawnmowerman) and myself have yet to even see the clear examples for our PC's. I imagine the HOF'ers would do quite well on eBay if someone found a stash of them.

Other hard Stadium Club card versions for me have been some of the early Divisional ones and the later Stadium Members Clubs, 1997 being perhaps the the most.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options
    Any 90s football PC's here?

I thought I would add I have yet to find any of the printing plate various of the 1991 set in the Super Bowl version, or in any of the other sets as far as that goes. They were likely all made at once and from one printing so there won't be any to find I am guessing.

Stadium Club will see a rebound one of these days.
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>They came in clear cellos that were given out at the Super Bowl. The cards have an imprinted stamp at the top which differentiates them. >>

So do you think the grading of this PSA pack is an error being labeled a Super Bowl pack or did they come in this format too?

super bowl Favre
    Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies