Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Non sports card question please.....

Have a question, know that this is probably not that area to put this question but here it goes.... I have the entire 1977 Topps Star Wars Card set 1-330 plus stickers, would this be worth my while to get the entire set graded by PSA and then try and flip it on eBay? Any discounts for grading this many cards, any idea of what that would run me?

Thanks!

Greg

Comments

• Options
    You can pick up many of the singles in PSA 8 for less than $5.00 each, PSA 9s for less than $8.00 each. So unless you have extremely high grade cards in the set, it's probably not worth it...
  • Options
    I don't know the answer to this question- but for some Star Wars-related frivolity, try saying the OP's screen name like Jar Jar Binks would.

You're welcome.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    Absolutely do not grade them
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    There are a few 9s that will go for some super money and 10s always bring good....but PSA is really tough on this issue. I submitted a few cards a couple years back out of packs I busted that I thought were lock 10s...I got mostly 8s with a couple 9s sprinkled in. Sometimes you go back to the cards and see what they saw to make them grade that low...to this day, I still see perfect cards in their holders.
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You can pick up many of the singles in PSA 8 for less than $5.00 each, PSA 9s for less than $8.00 each. So unless you have extremely high grade cards in the set, it's probably not worth it... >>

Take Kats advice...
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    If the set is mostly mint pack fresh, then it is worth it to submit a group of the best of them.
    I have submitted close to a thousand of them, and was surprised at the scrutiny they received.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
  • Options
    Thanks for all the info... I just want to get the blue set in PSA 10, if the set even exists like that.... Greg
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭
    If you do decide to submit with the intentions of getting PSA 10's, I suggest picking a few of the best and submitting them first. If you submit the entire set at once, I think you will be disappointed and will have wasted a lot of money.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    The 66 card blue set in all PSA 10 is probably a $15,000 venture. There is a set that is close, but there are some very low pops that make this a long shot to complete any time in the near future.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !