Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Quick Ebay shipping question

First time I've ever sold two large dollar items to the same buyer. They paid on a single PPal payment, without combined shipping as it never occurred to me on these items. What's the proper way to ship this to make sure I'm protected - together or separately. Sig Con for sure, but what else?
----------------------
Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq

Comments

• Options
    bbuckner22bbuckner22 Posts: 1,028
    Bob,

As it has been stated here before, anything over $250 needs SC. If one Paypal payment was made, you can ship both items to him together. You might want to think about giving him a few bucks back for shipping if you didn't combine the costs.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>Bob,

As it has been stated here before, anything over $250 needs SC. If one Paypal payment was made, you can ship both items to him together. You might want to think about giving him a few bucks back for shipping if you didn't combine the costs. >>

Oh, I'm refunding ALL shipping as a holiday gesture. He's a high-feedback buyer anyway, but I just wanted to make sure I dotted the t's and crossed the i's coverage-wise. image
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    insure it for $201... anything over $200 required signature anyway
  • Options
    bbuckner22bbuckner22 Posts: 1,028

<< <i>insure it for $201... anything over $200 required signature anyway >>

The magic # is $250 for signature confirmation
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

The magic number is $250, but this is well over $250 anyway.
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭

WRONG! That signature is not online verifiable by Paypal, it is only viewable using the USPS internal site. Signature Confirmation (pink form) is the only acceptable method for Paypal. If you want to double cover on your end then add some insurance. This will help you if you get one of the USPS employees who may be adding to their retirement plan on the side.

EDIT: Also be sure to fill in that tracking # on the pink form in the items on ebay. This way they are already tracking it for you and the buyer. You should have no issues.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    "insure it for $201... anything over $200 required signature anyway"===========I know that this is not technically correct by PAYPAL's standards; but are they loosening their stance on this? This is why I ask.....I'm noticing that I'm getting alot of packages from some of the major dealers and they are only insured. If we want to get technical....registered mail is not on line viewable. Would PAYPAL really side with the buyer if a registered mail package was delivered to their house? I think the USPS would step in.