Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Newbie question - Autograph Submission

I have a Wade Boggs autograph inside the 1982 (or maybe 1983) Red Sox yearbook. I want to get the autograph authenticated (I know its real - I got it at a card show in 1983). Do I submit the entire yearbook, or just the page? Common sense tells me to send in the entire book to maintain the integrity of the document, but I do not know of any arcane rules regarding submissions.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Collecting Topps Baseball: 1966-present base sets
Topps/OPC Hockey 1966-Present base sets

Comments

• Options
    It was from the 1982.

BTW - In 1982 - Lower Box seats to Fenway were $7.50. Now - $135.
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    You should send in the whole book...but seriously, if you know it's good, and you got it in person, why do you want to pay $20 to get a $10-15 autograph authenticated? You aren't paying for a guarantee, just an opinion.
  • Options
    ToroToro Posts: 1,515
    I would think down the line you could get int authenticated at a show PSA is set up at. It sounds as though there is a lot of sentimental value attached to it. What did Boggs auto cost back then?
  • Options

<< <i>I would think down the line you could get int authenticated at a show PSA is set up at. It sounds as though there is a lot of sentimental value attached to it. What did Boggs auto cost back then? >>

If my memory serves me correctly, it was $4. I am thinking about what I want to do with it. I have about 10K cards (see my signature) that I am going to sell (already have one batch submitted to PSA and working on the second) and I have a bunch of other memorabilia that I am thinking of dusting off and hanging on the wall, this included.

Thanks for your answers. I am new to the whole authentication/grading process and curious how it all works.
  • Options
    csmtampacsmtampa Posts: 1,828
    I wouldn't send that in. Save your money.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wouldn't send that in. Save your money. >>

Agree, the items doesn't have enough value to warrant a submission.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Don't send it in to PSA ... the auto inside the Yearbook is not really worth too much ... use that money toward a nice frame to put it in when you hang it on your wall.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    Now if you had Margo Adams sign that page, then you'd have something..............

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.