Home Metal Detecting
Options

weekend total

3 of us diggin today. moved alot of dirt, dug alot of stuff. found this first, dated 1937.
items of interest are: "Edwin M. Knowles" dish(left) and "syrup of Hypophosphates fellows" bottle, sounds delicious! at right is my first "pee" pot. guess what they used that for.

Comments

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭✭
    that animal tag is pretty cool. I can't quite tell if that's a cat or a dog... Looks like Mr. Fanning is in for a surprise!

what are those things that look like concrete corn on the cobs?
  • Options
    demodiggerdemodigger Posts: 1,012
    No one knows yet. A friend dug some a few weeks back at the same spot. Digging model A ford parts too. Its an unusual dump.
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you do some research in finding this spot or did you stumble on to it? Either way you are coming up with some great finds.
  • Options
    demodiggerdemodigger Posts: 1,012
    Well that is an interesting thing. Most dumps are either in or near creeks or near railroads. This particular spot is along a creek. Its in a strange parcel of land and I've always suspected it was there. Out of curiosity, I checked it out 2 months ago and discovered holes dug long ago. Someone had been there and didn't like it. I on the other hand believe treasure can be found almost anywhere. Even a 1920s dump can have cool stuff. Its big enough for. 4 of us to dig a couple times a month for awhile.
    I have around 6 creek/railroad dumps to keep me busy. My "crew" keeps us safe and different eyes and ideas keep us busy finding new spots. You always have to keep a curious mind to find new places. I consider this the last frontier, as many spots are getting hunted out.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cool bottles and neat looking dishes there
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    ThumbsUp;