Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Beware of Seller

To all,
Some of those who know me are aware that for certain years I have many many thousands of cards. In the last year or so I have sent several thousand card packages to certain sellers who were able to cherry pick the cards they wanted and they paid a fair price for them. They paid for the shipping both ways and returned the cards they did not buy. I trusted these people and have never had a problem till now. I sent 4500 or more 1975 and 1976 cards to dbest-psagems-in-indy , this person had purchased several hundred dollars worth of cards off my Ebay site and after a couple of phone conversations I sent him a package, well its been 7 weeks, he does not return emails, phone calls or anything. I guess its my own fault for being trusting but any cards purchased from this person that are 75's or 76's are probrably mine. I am looking into my options with the police since I do have a dozen or so emails where he originally said he needed more time to look at the cards and when he was sending them back. I will be monitoring his account but want everyone to know what type of person they will be dealing with if they buy from him.

Bob

gaspipe26

Comments

• Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    He's been selling a lot of minis lately, did your 75s include minis?
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    bbuckner22bbuckner22 Posts: 1,028
    I'll PM you later when I have time. I'm having issues with him too.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    He wanted my mini's but I didnt send them to him.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    That sucks Bob. I've bought a bunch of great stuff from you, and while I hate to see anyone get treated that way, I especially hate to see it happen to a top-notch seller.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    Its not the cards because I have many many more. Its the fact that he played me.
  • Options
    DakilloDakillo Posts: 158 ✭✭
    I have had email conversations with the Bests (Debbie and (I think) Chuck?) as recently as late March, purely out of curiosity about where they were finding such quantities of desireable '75 minis in higher grades. Several purchases from him were easy transactions that shipped quickly. My last purchase from dbest-psagems-in-indy was received just days ago...May 4th.

It is curious to note that after 2200 sales in less than 6 months that there is now zero activity.

I'm sorry to hear of this and feel powerless to do anything but hope for a good resoution.

• Options
    I spoke to Chuck over a week ago where he apologized for not paying for the cards he wanted and not sending the box back. He assured me he would in a day or two. Nothing
  • Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this Bob. I hope you get your stuff back

Tom
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Friday May 25, 2012 4:11 PM gaspipe26 writes - "........well its been 7 weeks, he does not return emails, phone calls or anything."

On Friday May 25, 2012 5:34 PM gaspipe26 writes - "I spoke to Chuck over a week ago where he apologized for not paying for the cards........"

You are contradicting yourself. I wonder which sentence above is actually true.
  • Options
    He has not returned an email for over a week until this morning where he said I would have a tracking number today. Its 9:26pm and no tracking number.
  • Options
    ejguruejguru Posts: 617 ✭✭✭
    Bob-I know some people in that area. Let me know if you need any assistance.image
    "...life is but a dream."

Used to working on HOF SS Baseballs--Now just '67 Sox Stickers and anything Boston related.
  • Options
    Any tracking numbers yet?
  • Options
    Nope and he has not responded again.
  • Options
    Bob - I think it's a real shame this is happening. As a recipiant of your several deals with you, I find it appalling someone would pull this on you.

If the person who owes you cards and payment is reading these posts - please do the right thing and either pay Bob or return the cards. Bob is one of the stand up guys on these boards and he's got a few things on his plate outside baseball cards, where he shouldn't have to worry about getting stiffed on a sportscard deal. Thx
  • Options
    Well we are back to no contact. I filed a complaint wth the police and Post Office today. We will see what happens.

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that Bob. I hope you get your cards back and in the condition they were when you sent them.
  • Options
    HE IS LISTING 1975'S AND 1976'S IN PSA 9 AND 10 RIGHT NOW ON EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    DakilloDakillo Posts: 158 ✭✭
    Are you able to recognize if any of them are yours?
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Judging by the cert #s on these, he just got these back from PSA--I can't believe a seller with that find of feedback is ripping you off like that. Unreal.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I am livid. He emailed me moments ago to say the box was shipped and he is buying 100-150 cards. LIKE NOTHING HAS HAPPENED. He has no shame. Buy the way I received no payment and no tracking number. He has the cards 8 weeks now. I guarantee he has taken several hundred cards. what a vomit!!!
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    Pay him a visit in person.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    Unfortunately hes 800 to 1000 miles away
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems 2 me...

You should contact the Postal Inspector where you live. Obviously the guy got the stuff, gotta be some kinda of interstate theft...I would also suggest you get an attorney who will listen for free on the first visit. Perhaps he can gin up a nasty letter which may ring this guy's bell.

Additionally, it might be worth a shot to call Cosetta or BJ Searles in that you now suspect he has had your stuff graded and is up on eBay.

Makes copies of the emails and anything else that supports your case. This is beyond total BS !!!

GL
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I am livid. He emailed me moments ago to say the box was shipped and he is buying 100-150 cards. LIKE NOTHING HAS HAPPENED. He has no shame. Buy the way I received no payment and no tracking number. He has the cards 8 weeks now. I guarantee he has taken several hundred cards. what a vomit!!! >>

That's a pretty good scam.

Get cards from Bob ---> Sort through them and submit the nicest ones to PSA ---> wait for grades to come back ---> Offer to pay Bob 2x Beckett raw prices for the cards that graded 9 and 10.
  • Options
    Well I received a tracking number this afternoon and a package did leave Indianapolis at 2:23pm today. Dont know whats missing because he has not paid for anything. I will keep everyone posted.
  • Options
    ToroToro Posts: 1,515
    Wow, those are some nice cards you sent away. PSA 9 and 10 condition raw cards? I'm sorry for your experience with that jerk. I'm shocked that he aws able to pull tham nay from a raw lot.
  • Options
    Let's play a game called "Who's The Fool?"

Guy sends thousands of dollars of cardboard to someone he doesn't know, without the buyer paying for them.

The Brits have a word for this: Daft.
  • Options
    Let's play another game.
    The rude Nube who doesn't read the thread then posts his own inane response.

Bob (gaspipe) had written that he had done numerous deals with this buyer previously to this deal. The same person also has strong feedback on Ebay, which shows that he has done many deals in the internet without a problem.
    The issue is the sudden turn-around in behaviour by this buyer to Gaspipe.
    Bob isn't "daft", he had an unfortunate dealing with a long time buyer.
    Since this board is about collecting and promoting the hobby, I look forward to your 13 post being a bit more positive.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curlybill...

The OP (Bob) has been on these boards for a bit over 10 years. You OTOH have been here for less than 2 months, and have a whopping 12 posts under your belt. The OP has had MANY positive deals and simply ran into a complete jerk. That you feel you need to pour salt in the wounds will NOT find you in good graces with those who have "been around" for a long time and sympathize with Bob's situation.

Why you find it necessary to post some insulting crap is beyond me. You need to grow up quickly, or be prepared to receive the wrath of this board.

The US has a word for people like you, but I think you know what it is.

Wake up !!!
  • Options
    bbuckner22bbuckner22 Posts: 1,028

<< <i>The US has a word for people like you, but I think you know what it is. >>

Yeah, that word is ALT
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    Again, you folks aren't doing this right. I call balls and strikes, and this was a swing and a miss!

This guy has been around so long, that makes him a bigger fool for not knowing better. I might give a pass to a rook, but not to a self proclaimed hobby veteran.
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    Actually its refreshing to see someone with trust.
    People on these boards routinely trust each other and send cards w/o payment.

With all the scammers on ebay...we do not expect that here.

An old saying...you never get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression.
    So rethink your posting Curlybill
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    Just got back from vacation and I have not gone thru the box that was returned. He also Paypal'd me $300 to complete the deal after 10 weeks. I'll know tonight if I was taken or not
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>So rethink your posting Curlybill >>

Wouldn't that imply he thought about it the first time??
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
  • Options