Home Precious Metals
Options

Euro crash vs. Dollar crash - Who is first? If Euro is First, What Does That Mean For After Effects

MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
Euro crash vs. Dollar crash - Who is first?

If the Euro crashes hard, harder than this and more like the financial armageddon envisioned with a fiat currency...

Does this decrease the negative after effects of the dollar crash (because more will be prepared for it and know how to deal with it?)

Does it hasten the Dollar Crash? (puts spotlight on the dollar's vulnerability)

What about the Yen? There are already people on CNBC (?) saying Yen is pat the point of no return.
Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Comments

• Options
    nd with everyone seemingly in debt up to their eyeballs except China, does that make a "global debt forgiveness" event or events more likely?
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they are all in a coordinated, controlled crash mode. Reason their printers have cake and coffee summits.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if neither crashes?
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What if neither crashes? >>

depends on your definition of crashing. Mine involves a currency that is dilluted to the point of being worth less. Not the same as worthless.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A crash is when your income has no ability to keep up with the currency devaluation and most of your assets have a fixed dollar value - like, after retirement.

Until then, you simply ride the waves along with the constantly devaluing currency.

Switzerland is supporting the Euro at this moment, and the Euro has just spiked in terms of Swiss Francs. Funny, everyone else is expecting more "easing".
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

If they can save the euro and eurozone, I still expect the US$ to crash in some fashion. Unless and until some body or bodies intervene.

I still think we can have a Greek type "non-default" default where the US doesn't default but doesn't pay back all the money it owes. The same for Japan.

I have no idea how Japan is going to pay off the money they owe. Growth? That economy has been a stranger to growth. Maybe they can print more Yen. The negative with Japan is that like most other people on the planet they run from taxes. The big plus is that the Japanese seem more "dedicated and mature" in a country-saving crisis, and will do what they can together to save Japan.

The US? We have people wanting to renounce citizenship for Switzerland and Singapore. image

• Options
    silverstreaksilverstreak Posts: 225 ✭✭

<< <i>

The US? We have people wanting to renounce citizenship for Switzerland and Singapore. image >>

Yes but Japan does not try to tax its citizens wherever they go in the world. Only Mr. USA. That drives the renunciation of citizenship for those that can.
    Currently working with nurmaler. Older transactions....circa 2011 BST transactions Gecko109, Segoja, lpinion, Agblox, oldgumballmachineswanted,pragmaticgoat, CharlieC, onlyroosies, timrutnat, ShinyThingsInPM under login lightcycler