Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

New purchase courtesy of Ajaan

Nice to do business with the s'room again. image

Comments

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice looking Dollar, Marcel!

For a second there I thought you called Ajaan a s'roon... In Russian, срун means someone who poops...

Need more coffee, obviously.
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice looking Dollar, Marcel!
    >>

Marcel? image

How many times have you lost your username and password on this site, Mr ex-IloveZARcoins? image

PS: Great looking dollar. I figure that by now, at least 70% of all Darksiders have bought at least one such colorful dollar from ajaan. Some of us, several.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options

<< <i>Nice looking Dollar, Marcel!

For a second there I thought you called Ajaan a s'roon... In Russian, срун means someone who poops...

Need more coffee, obviously. >>

You say potato, I say po-ta-to. image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just had one of my students ask me what phlegm is. After I went into a detailed explanation, he regretted the question.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    Lol 2K - you must have read the post very early in the morning.

Hi Dimitri - the powers that are didn't allow me access the last 2 times, not sure why, so I had to change my user name. It didn't help that I had an extended break from collecting. Almost all of the ZARs are gone now as I reinvested the money in the markets during the down turn in order to increase my cashflow. These days I am collecting low cost, but high grade, coins with my 4 year old son. image

Hey Spinaker - long time no see. Hope Rough Cut is going well. I seem to be drifting off into a more jazz direction on the ole six string these days.

Hope everyone enjoyed the coin. image
  • Options
    It's a great looking coin. I love the way these coins all seem to tone.
  • Options
    JustlookingJustlooking Posts: 2,895
    What makes these so prone to beautiful toning? You've got a really nice one there!
    Let's try not to get upset.
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What makes these so prone to beautiful toning? You've got a really nice one there! >>

Excellent question. They don't all tone so nicely (Canadian dollars from 1971,72 and 73, 0.500 silver), but to answer your question, the secret lies in their original boxes of issue. Toning chambers was the term coined by Clankeye.

Almost all of the ZARs are gone now as I reinvested the money in the markets during the down turn in order to increase my cashflow.

In Ireland? If you had followed W. Buffet's advice in the early 2009 days, to buy a slice of America for such a bargain price , and in particular the Apple part of America, you would have multiplied your money by six now. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that looks way neat from here image
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 71, 72, and 73 coins came in a case with foam. The foam is what made these coins toned. After 1973 the coins came in a capsule in a case.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    HussuloHussulo Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭
    Lovely coin and nice to see you back M.
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭
    Great color image
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this one has beautiful eye appeal - although a modern it sure talk to me image
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Welcome back, Mr. Mist!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22